Ibiza 2017 Xcellence problems

blueleontsi

Jan 21, 2013
Not sure if we have a "Friday car" or first batch of the new model gremlins but has anyone else suffered.....

trip resets at random times to zero (the manual does say after certain time/mileage) this reset is at random times.
sat nav doesn't know where it is, or gps compass points in wrong direction
media screen goes blank, sometimes will not start. after 20 minutes of driving it reappears working
skips songs/folders on usb stick at random times
mirrors sometimes refuse to unfold
fuel flap dropped (hitting car body chipping paint - hinge and flap replaced but dropped again - the flap hits bottom left corner, big gap top right - warped flap or weak hinge?)
White worm on one wheel (replaced)
Clutch smell/burning issue (Seat assistance called out who advised not to drive as low biting point, recovered car on low loader, Seat dealer says ok)
Rubber around front windows inside at the exact same point both sides has discoloured (no chemicals etc have been near it to clean)

latest annoyance...hazard lights just start flashing (no alarm siren or alarm activation warning) - you have to press the hazard light switch to turn off

Seat tech have talked to the factory and have no fix for the electrical issues. Advised ECU resets, firmware updates, new sat nav brain - still the same issues.

Does anyone else have similar issues with this model?

thank you

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I've never ever had that problem, or these problems, but somewhere in this or another VW Group motorists forums, I have read about the trip randomly getting zero'd so this has happened in the past, sorry I can't be any more specific about that - maybe there were other issues as well, I've forgotten.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
I know trips can get reset when the power cuts out, EG when you remove the battery. I don't know if the Ibiza does it, but my old Polo certainly did. I'm wondering if there's a grounding problem somewhere, which is intermittently connecting things to ground and effectively shorting them out?

Cristian CH

Mar 19, 2018
Trip resets still happens from time to time for me.(5-6 times this year)
See here for more information:
For software issues I would recommend disconnecting the car battery for 10 seconds and see if that helps.

blueleontsi

Jan 21, 2013
I know trips can get reset when the power cuts out, EG when you remove the battery. I don't know if the Ibiza does it, but my old Polo certainly did. I'm wondering if there's a grounding problem somewhere, which is intermittently connecting things to ground and effectively shorting them out?
I see you have a similar spec car....have you had an issues? just wondering if Seat have changed the software or hardware since 2017

blueleontsi

Jan 21, 2013
Trip resets still happens from time to time for me.(5-6 times this year)
See here for more information:
For software issues I would recommend disconnecting the car battery for 10 seconds and see if that helps.
The car's brain has been reset, ecu firmware updated - still the same problems. Seat tech and factory have run out of ideas.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
If that car is still within warranty, then SEAT will need to solve this, even if it runs out of warranty before they finally sort it out, if the repair action started, or was formally reported before the warranty run out they will need to fund resolving it.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Had similar issues with mirrors not unfolding, infotainment locking up going blank etc, also 2017 car, no-one seems to be able to resolve either, main trouble is replicating on demand to the garage.

blueleontsi

Jan 21, 2013
Had similar issues with mirrors not unfolding, infotainment locking up going blank etc, also 2017 car, no-one seems to be able to resolve either, main trouble is replicating on demand to the garage.
Hello,
what model do you have?

blueleontsi

Jan 21, 2013
If that car is still within warranty, then SEAT will need to solve this, even if it runs out of warranty before they finally sort it out, if the repair action started, or was formally reported before the warranty run out they will need to fund resolving it.
Te problem
hello, there is no problem with Seat wanting to fix, but there is no fix! others have been waiting for a fix from the factory for over two years.

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
How long have you had it? If fairly new I would reject it under sale of goods act. Car needs to be or fit for purpose.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
It's still in the warranty period then- Seat have to fix it. My money is still on a grounding issue somewhere given your electrical issues. My 2019 Xcellence Lux has been absolutely fine apart from some issues with one of the USB sockets, which has seemingly fixed itself, and might have more been due to me plugging in a USB wire that contained an LED. My old housemate has a 2018 FR, and his has been fine too, although of course the FR is a lower spec with less to go wrong than the Xcellence (especially as his is an early FR without the LEDs)

blueleontsi

Jan 21, 2013
It's still in the warranty period then- Seat have to fix it. My money is still on a grounding issue somewhere given your electrical issues. My 2019 Xcellence Lux has been absolutely fine apart from some issues with one of the USB sockets, which has seemingly fixed itself, and might have more been due to me plugging in a USB wire that contained an LED. My old housemate has a 2018 FR, and his has been fine too, although of course the FR is a lower spec with less to go wrong than the Xcellence (especially as his is an early FR without the LEDs)
The problem with Seat and dealers it's been to is that if no fault codes are picked up there is nothing they can do. Even with video evidence they requested of the faults nothing can be done without fault codes.

One dealer has put in writing there is nothing else they can do and go back to the supplying dealer for rejection but they will only offer part exchange value. Why should someone be out of pocket for a manufacturing issue that cannot be fixed by them.... not to mention the many visits and lack of the use of the vehicle whilst they fault find and say nothing is wrong.

The fault(s) is also common on the Arona model which share the same electrics.

The grounding issue is interesting-but assume Seat would have thought of this already...but you never know.

This post on the Arona forum has seen someone reject the car for the same fault. https://www.aronaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=962&start=10

This is the 5th Ibiza in the family since 1989 and very likely to be the last !

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
It's a very difficult situation and I would be extremely frustrated if I was in your shoes!

The difficult thing with an intermittent ground fault is that it is very difficult to find, which is probably why that dealer doesn't want anything to do with it.

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
If I remember my Sale of goods act training you have up to 5 years to reject something. You have given them more than enough chances to sort it out and they cannot seem to do this. However the amount of refund you would be due would take into consideration the time you've had it and the use of it. Speak to your local trading standards or Citizens advice.

bmibmc

Apr 17, 2019
The problem with random zero resets is common to vw group as far as I could read.
Do we all with problen have LED headlights?

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise