Ibiza Facelift 1.4MPI vs. Ibiza 1.9 SDI

Jun 29, 2020
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Hello everyone,

Soon I'll be getting my driver's license. Got my money for both driving lessons and a car. I have been looking a lot for a nice, reliable car that will withstand the rainy city that I live in. Whilst I believe that an Ibiza will be more reliable (as in: rust protection) and safe than any alternatives that I might have in this corner of the planet (Renault Symbol/Dacia Logan, Ford Focus/Fiesta, Hyundai Accent), I am not sure with regards to which engine to chose.

The 1.9 SDI 64 HP seems indestructable, however thrice a year or so I'll have to do long trips across the country on bad roads and nervous drivers, thus I'm afraid I might not be able to pass someone with this engine or do rapid maneuvers. Not to mention, whatever fixes the facelift brings are not present since the SDI was not available with the facelift.

The 1.4 16v MPI 75 HP seems to be faster, but I either end up reading great reviews about it, either horrible ones with engines that after 200k km blow up. But, the problems the facelift fixes are here.

The 1.6 MPI is an extremely rare sight here, so... I guess that's not a possibility.

What would you people chose?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.