Ibiza FR Fog Light Removal

I4MJ05H

Nov 9, 2016
Hi everyone,

I need to change my fog lights, and I found a great guide on this forum (/forums/showthread.php?t=315970), but I had a couple of questions and seeing as the guide hasn't been updated since 2011, I thought I would be better off making a new thread.

(I am unable to paste a full link, but that's the second half of the link to the thread I read).

After reading the car manual, it appears that all models of Ibiza (except the FR) come with a hook which pulls the trim from around the fog light and changing the bulb is easy. Although my FR does come with the trim remover hook, and the trim does come off, it turns out that nothing can be done from here.

The book said the same as the forum I read, however the questions I have are:

1) Is it easy to put the bumper back on? I like doing these things myself, however if it is going to be a pain I would rather take it to somewhere like Halfords to prevent myself from damaging the car.

2) What bulbs are the fog lights? After looking online, I found a website stating that they are HB4 bulbs, however after calling Euro Car Parts about a different query, I gave them my registration and they said the fog lights are H7, as well as the dipped beam and main beam. Can anyone clarify because I don't feel too keen on taking the bumper off / partially off more times than I need too!

Thanks in advance! :)

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
why remove the bumper????

you can do this way

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=315970

this is for the left side, the side of the driver (right) you can acess easily without doing this by a whole nar the headlights... you will see if you investigate...

also make sure they are cold and turned off when changing... because otherwise you will cause damage.

Last edited:

I4MJ05H

Nov 9, 2016
@dm222 thanks for the response, but that's the guide I've been looking at (I put an extension link in my question, however it wouldn't hyperlink because I'm too new to this forum unfortunately). I think that's how I will need to do it, but I just wanted to make sure that the bumper wasn't going to be a pain to bolt back under the wheel arch. Thank you for your reply though! :)

Last edited:

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
@dm222 thanks for the response, but that's the guide I've been looking at (I put an extension link in my question, however it wouldn't hyperlink because I'm too new to this forum unfortunately). I think that's how I will need to do it, but I just wanted to make sure that the bumper wasn't going to be a pain to bolt back under the wheel arch. Thank you for your reply though! :)

no everything is pretty straight forward, and at the driver side (uk) you dont need to do this, just make sure you use the same bolts at the same positions, as you have acess from the engine bay. You can do if you feel more confortable that way though

also there is no need to raise the car at all...

Last edited:

I4MJ05H

Nov 9, 2016
no everything is pretty straight forward, and at the driver side (uk) you dont need to do this, just make sure you use the same bolts at the same positions, as you have acess from the engine bay. You can do if you feel more confortable that way though

also there is no need to raise the car at all...

That's great, thanks for all your help!

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
also behare that some bulbs cause a bulb warning on the instrument cluster even if they are working ok.

inform yourself wich ones are compatible first.

Last edited: