ibzia cupra sport 8v

soamer

soamer
Jan 8, 2007
telford
hi guys,
i have just bought an nice 99 t plate mk2 cupra 8v in silver with 114.000 on the clock, main dealer service history and more paper work than the british library,
what are the faults to look for on these as i am going to be using it mainley on track day cars road rallys.

cheers soamer

jaketalbot

cupra Jake
Dec 11, 2006
Colchester
well, probably the pedal box is first on the list! especially if your raggin it around on a track day, they break quite often on the mk2's, but iff the box has no tears or cracks it should last a while, just have a good look at it, especially where the clutch is. other than that its just little niggley things here and there, electrics are somtimes a problem, i.e. my live lead from the battery has just severed and ment i had to waste £70 on SEAT clipping it together, while they order in a new wire from Spain! which i'll then have to pay for that being fitted as well! but great car to use around the track. Is the car standard?

soamer

soamer
Jan 8, 2007
telford
the car has been lowerd bigger wheels fitted and has a kn filter fitted other than that it a true peach apart from a slight scratch on the rear bumber
thinking of changing the suspension to an adjustable type and re-bush the front and rear axel and srut brace on the front and rear oh and the gear linkage to a B&M quick shift i may even enter it in a sprint or hillclimb race
has any ever tried to set up the suspension for track days?