ICE in a mk2

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Right guys and girls, I came to a decision late last night that i am going to sort the sound system in the GTi out, the headunits already knackered, so i figured for a few quid more might as well overhaul all ICE related stuff.

So i am looking for recomendations for:
1. MP3,WMV headunit
2. Front speakers, think theyre 13's in the doors and the tweeters in the dash
3. Rear 6x4's.

I want to keep the car standard looking, i like a bit of bass but not so much that the door cards shake, which is why i am avoiding the Sub and 6x9 routes. Forgot to mention initially - budget around £300

Any ideas guys?

Cheers

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Cheers for the link, dont want to many whistles or bells as i never use them and i think i have used the remote for my JVC about 3 times

This Pioneer DEHP5730MP is looking like the best choice so far as it does everything i need and will match the car interior pretty well:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4013

as for speakers, they just confuse me so far. no real way of distinguishing between them all.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Focal are very good but expensive, as are Rainbow
MB Quart are very good, a touch bass light but very purist

I've never really used the mainstream car speaker brands until now. Have Alpine X types in my doors (6.5") - and they're good but not exceptional.

Pay as much as you can afford - how much is your speaker budget?

stuart_hatch

Poor Student
Aug 28, 2005
Glasgow
coxw said:
Focal are very good but expensive, as are Rainbow
MB Quart are very good, a touch bass light but very purist

I've never really used the mainstream car speaker brands until now. Have Alpine X types in my doors (6.5") - and they're good but not exceptional.

Pay as much as you can afford - how much is your speaker budget?

Ive got MD Quart front compoennts in my Toledo they sound the muts.

If i was you i would get a decent head unit first and then save up for a decent amp and front speakers because tbh you wont notice much differnce in the fronts unless they are amplifed