I'd like to upgrade my speakers/tweeters in a Leon Cupra R 2012

Cupra R MK2

Sep 21, 2015
Manchester, United Kingdom
Hi!

I have been reading some threads about this, my idea is not to change the head unit, just speakers and tweeters, I suppose the car has a set of tweeters at the front, one on each side, front speakers in the doors and rear speakers in the back doors. I want to notice an improvement over the standard OEM speakers and tweeters, which are good, I do not want to install an amplifier, just speakers that fit directly into the space provided, i.e the same size, which unfortunately I do not know, my head unit is the RNS 315, seat sound system 2.1, it has Sat and Nav

I've read Alpine is a very good brand, is there anything out there that beats it in terms of performance?
The idea is to get a richer sound, I'm a little ignorant on this subject :( Sorry!

Many thanks,

Cupra R MK2

Sep 21, 2015
Manchester, United Kingdom
I was a bit lazy lol! I went through as many threads as I could, this is what I found, correct me if I'm wrong

For putting upgraded front and rear door speakers
SIze: 165mm
Depth: No more than 6 cm
Sak 3103 Adapters, which need trimming, and different screws
Skinz sound proofing

Front speakers should be COMPONENT
Rear Speakers should be CO-AXIAL

Good choices are JBL and VIBE speakers

I read it is not a good idea to change the tweeters due to the difficulty removing and putting back the door cards, especially the front ones, so I'm not even going there lol!

My idea is to now upgrade the door speakers and leave the orginal tweeters working, is this a good option? Do I run the risk of blowing up the tweeters or damaging the headunit amp? Has anyone had an issue with original OEM tweeters working with upgraded speakers so far?

If I disconnect both sets of tweeters, I guess that the sound will be reaching the height of my shins at the front lol! I don't want to put new tweeters in another place, but if the upgraded speakers come with tweeters incorporated, could I redirect the sound to go a little more upwards?

Most threads are old, so I guess most speakers have improved a bit by now lol!

I read up on crossovers and I think they are of more use if you have an amp and subwoofer, something I'm not interested

Does anyone know the power in RMS coming from the standard speakers in Leon Cupra R with Sat NAv?

Please feel free to comment,

Thanks!