If your thinking about DFP-OFF then read this!

n0ble

Sep 14, 2006
Seat Leon 170 FR 2.0TDI DPF-OFF

This is what you have all been waiting for and its god damn unbelievable!!!
If you want cream your pants performance from a diesel then this is the mod for you! :drool:

Let me just add that JBS have not completely finished the perfection of the map on my car yet, however i need to car for Monday to get to work and then I’m dropping the car back to them on Tuesday so the car can be tweaked for the rest of the week.

dsc00819p.jpg

Firstly I had a quick MPG test on the way home, 52.6MPG on a 12 mile trip, this is with Tesco fuel with no additives as the closest station to JBS/Custom-Code is Tesco.
Once i get the car running on V-Power with Millers Diesel Sport I’m betting that amount will increase a large amount.
On my 25 Mile trip to work on Monday I will see what MPG I get from that, I’m thinking I will get a higher average on a longer trip.

Now I thought I would leave the best till last, I know that you wasn’t all waiting to read about how great the MPG is, oh and I must also add that the turbo now makes a real nice noise.

The car feels completely different to drive it’s unreal for a diesel, when you put your foot down it feels like the gates to hell have just been opened.
You seem to have power no matter when you put your foot down.
The car is now so responsive and feels allot more free, I think I need to put some higher spec tyres on the front to help put that power on the road.
The other great thing is that I do not get any DPF regen mode once I have given the car some stick, as it’s no longer there :)

I was expecting allot when i went to test drive the car and i got more than what i could of expected.

On the latest dyno JBS/Custom-Code did, the car made 220.8BHP & 313 FT LBS Torque however like stated above I need to take my car back on Tuesday as they believe that there is more power to be unleashed, the main issue with my car is that just before I originally had my car remapped VAG upgraded the ECU with the latest software that has more restrictions in the map than ever seen before.
The main man James at JBS has spent many hours so far on reversing the restrictions and the results he has created so far are amazing, I’m now looking forward to what he can do with it next :)
So when I go collect the car again next Saturday I will be on here again to update, I would recommend any people which have been thinking of getting this done to go and get this booked in! You will not be disappointed.

Last edited:

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
So, how have they bypassed the DPF wiring, etc? Some kind of box of tricks, or is it all in the mapping? The DPF has actually been physically removed then?

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
So, how have they bypassed the DPF wiring, etc? Some kind of box of tricks, or is it all in the mapping? The DPF has actually been physically removed then?

DPF has been physically removed and replaced with a DPF bypass pipe and the mapping software accounts for this.
See the threads on the Custom Code forum for more information, its good stuff for people with the FR TDI.
Alex

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
sound good I have had a Superchips remap for nearly a year now and would love to end the DPF system but I'm concerned that when the MOT is due what you are having done will be outside the parameters for this particular vehicles limits - can JBS/CUSTOMCODE confirm the emissions will be within the MOT test parameters?? - if so I'll join the queue!!

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
You will not need a DPF filter for the MOT. Mk1's do not have them.

MOT is a smoke test only for diesels.
You certainly don't for a MK1 but the rules do get much tighter for for later plated diesels [ I hope your right though] pehaps we have a SEAT Techie who does MOT's who can give a comment. ........................

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.