Ignition Off Dial Lights stay on

Jul 30, 2010
Argyll, Scotland
my dimmer switch wasnt working until i removed the fuse, it works now but. My windows arent working now but. Booked in to be vagcomed on monday so hopefully it will flag something up.

I think its the contol fuse for the relay that allows you to control the windows once you turn the engine off and haven't opened the doors.

Will let you know when i've found out.

B12rky

Sep 10, 2010
Redcar Cleveland
Cars been put on vag com and its reading voltage connection 30 so if u check all ure earthing you should find a loose one and just tighten it up and that light fault should go!!!

B12rky

Sep 10, 2010
Redcar Cleveland
FOUND THE DIAL LIGHT PROBLEM!!! was putting my pass window up when the car was off and found when i pressed the up button on the window switch the dials went off, so i changed the switch and the lights now dont stay on :) thank god give that a try guys and it might work :)

B12rky

Sep 10, 2010
Redcar Cleveland
dodgy earth in the window switch me hinks ill have a look wen i take it apart, if u check ure window switches when the keys are out of the ignition see if it happens get bk to me asap and ill try and help u dude!

Aug 27, 2010
Well it's pissing down here so I'll do it in the morning and let you no mate hope it is that
Then back to normal

Aug 27, 2010
Mate thank you it's works one switch was playing up!

Only one more problem which I'm quessing it's the electric mirror switch when moved the dash lights flicker

B12rky

Sep 10, 2010
Redcar Cleveland
no problem mate, just take the switch apart with a terminal screwdriver and give it a clean up and put it back tgva cause off all the rain and snow the damp will of got into everywere i know it sounds daft but thats why my switches are hagged! i crnt bypass my n75 cause its a boost controller mate,, lol id need to change to a diffo boost controller and i really dont wanna do that i will wen i ger a new turbo buh not at the moment hahah if you need a hand with out else electrical giz a pm

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members