IHI Upgrade??

RJH

Hey guys, newbie alert here! Quick question (the first of many probably!)

On the 225 LCR is it possible to just remove and replace the stock turbo with an IHI and remap it then?? Or do all the internals and the FMIC need upgrading to run this turbo?? Is it not simply a swap over operation?.. Please dont slap me for this!! :blink:

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
No its not.

You will need a IHI manifold.

Internals are good for ~330-350bhp.

Try using the search button and you'll fine all the info you will ever need.

RJH

I did try the search but couldnt find a 100% answer to my specific question in all the info... There's way too much! How much is an IHI manifold likely to cost? Is that the only thing you need then besides the actual unit itself?

Poverty

rash jbs ihi "only" made 313hp. Said it could be done alot cheaper elsewhere also.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
jbs o4 stage 3 is 300bhp, so yes i was wrong.... anyways jbs quote alot for the kit and fitting..

backdraft seems cheaper.

p-torque also do bt upgrades via backdraft

Poverty

iirc it first made 349bhp but after getting it remapped to hold the power better it made circa 320bhp.

yeah basically jbs seemed to have put on a peaky map for headline figures instead of a true powercurve.

RJH

Ok, new angle on this.... A remapped 225 produces upto 265-270ish yeah?? And thats with the stock turbo obviously and no other parts, an IHI from what i've read can produce UPTO 350, but needs additional parts such as the manifold, upgraded FMIC and downpipe plus remap to achieve this... Not to mention the extensive additional cost and work to do this.

SO..... I guess what im now asking is, is there an inbetween setup that requires only a change of turbo that will bolt on yet give more power than the stock option perhaps around the 300 mark, or is it simply not worth it or impossible to get that figure without a much bigger turbo?

Last edited by a moderator:

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Ok, new angle on this.... A remapped 225 produces upto 265-270ish yeah?? And thats with the stock turbo obviously and no other parts, an IHI from what i've read can produce UPTO 350, but needs additional parts such as the manifold, upgraded FMIC and downpipe plus remap to achieve this...

SO..... I guess what im now asking is, is there an inbetween setup that requires only a change of turbo that will bolt on yet give more power than the stock option perhaps around the 300 mark, or is it simply not worth it or impossible to get that figure without a much bigger turbo?

Technically speaking what DPJ has however you might want to ask him about that as it ended up being far from 'bolt on' to get it as it was 'sold' :)

Poverty

Ok, new angle on this.... A remapped 225 produces upto 265-270ish yeah?? And thats with the stock turbo obviously and no other parts, an IHI from what i've read can produce UPTO 350, but needs additional parts such as the manifold, upgraded FMIC and downpipe plus remap to achieve this...

hybrid turbo.

RJH

So a hybrid is basically a slight merge between the two is it?? How does it work, is it a case of using the original fitment with a larger turbo housing or is there much more to it??

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.