I'm done. Snapped cambelt. - The start of the build!

JayFR150

Fresh & Clean
Jul 20, 2008
Near Gatwick
'because racecar' of course ! I had a similar situation as yours last year when I bent a rod. Wasn't sure whether to cut my loses or fix it.. I opted to get the car repaired - but then buying a house and renovations etc etc sidelined the car. Looking to jump in to it once again now though ! however after I bent a rod im constantly paranoid to any strange noises so I barely drive it haha.

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
Yeah, I was so gutted when it happened ! But I guess it's just one of those things! It's a slippery slope though ! A lot of " well, if that's coming off, then I may aswell...." I was looking for a 3.5" downpipe but it seems you can't get one off the shelf !

JayFR150

Fresh & Clean
Jul 20, 2008
Near Gatwick
yes 100% - obviously if you bend a rod a car enthusiast only sees this as an opportunity to justify Forged internals !

Good choice going to Badger for your mapping by the way - something I did. after meeting him you quickly realise why he is held with such high regard on these forums.

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
Well, when you're already paying out a lot on labour, what's the extra really? It's only money lol. Should be saving for the house, but ! I love the car, so...

Yeah, after I originally chose my first garage just to do the head and keep the car standard, I mentioned to them about doing the rods at the same time, and they point blank refused. So with bill being just up the road, he was the natural choice!

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
I've bought a spacer for the 02 sensor in the decat pipe, I believe this is only necessary for a decat, should be alright with a sports cat.

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
Today I have been mostly :

Throwing this in the bin,

Swiftly followed by preparing to fit the welly cooler !

Found the rest of my cambelt in the belly pan haha.

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Good read this, glad to hear you're keeping her and looks like you're going down a decent route. Interested to see how it turns out.

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
Warranty on a 4 year old receipt for a cambelt done under previous ownership? Not a lot of chance on that lol.

Today I have been mostly:

Ordering new maf, Map and inlet temp sensors.

As well as speaking to Dan @ BBT and getting the turbo ordered :))

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
Finished making up the brackets for the intercooler today,

Only got one snap though !

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
And this weekend ... We came home from bills ;)

All fitted up and running a cut down hybrid map, awaiting me fitting the water meth, and fitting of new exhaust, and then, back up to bills for mapping

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
Yours isn't the LCR that I've seen in the car park opposite fleet air arm ?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.