Immobiliser

dardanus

Have had the Alhambra for about 5 months now and it has only been on the road for about 2 days in that time. It is a petrol version reg S216ROO. Had to call out Auto electrician and on second day of driving it hit a hole in the road and within 400 yards the immobiliser kicked in. Vehicle would not start at all. The Auto electrician checked the ECU or CPU not sure what it is called and his computer told him that it was locked. He sent part away to be reset to a company in Wales, part came back, unit still locked. A new part was ordered which came from Belgium, this was not compatible with the vehicle, subsequently returned. He then went through breakers yard searches and obtain a part. He said once fitted it would only mean a change to the ignition key so that it was compatible with the system. Came to fit it unit was three pronged and cars two pronged receiver another waste of time. Over this period the electrician has spent about 10 hours trying to sort out the problem, luckily for me hesays hecan not charge for his labour as he has not repair the system. Can anyone help? Is it possible to remove the immobiliser element from the system or is there anyway that we can obtain a part that will work.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
there are companies out there that repair ecu's and remove the immobiliser as i've used em when doing some conversions as it makes it a lot easier.

just to throw a spanner in the works and as the fault has 'appeared' since the pothole/damage, have you checked the fuel supply system + the airbag ecu ?

not done a repairable crash one myself but i know of other models that when the airbag goes off or the ecu detects a 'crash' it will shut down the fuel/ignition system

as the 'bump' started all this off it would be where i would think of looking first

further note the immobiliser on seat's when activated will actually allow the car to fire but will immediately cut out, which gives more idea to a fuel supply issue

all depends of course as to what it is doing and when and how really if you could elaborate might help

dardanus

Thanks for your quick response. Will contact the Auto eletrician and find out if he has checked the fuel supply, I seem to remember him saying that fuel was getting through. But it might have something to do with the airbag. I'll post details of what he says when I get hold of him.

dardanus

Have now checked with Auto electrician. He said his computer would have told him if the Airbag ECU was a problem. He also said that fuel is getting through, engine turns over but will not fire. Anyone got any ideas. Thanks for your time.:help:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
no probs - just first thought in my head

fuel through but not firing at all ?

as said above immobiliser usually allows car to fire up then dies instantly