Improve ride comfort

davidvilao

May 28, 2018
Could also foul the wheel arches

fouling of tyre onto body work when travelling over undulating surfaces (potentially)
Also won’t look as sporty

ride height increase of 15.7mm. Did you follow that link i posted before? Did the hard work for you and have filled out the information for you
I did follow the link, and I also did research before going through with it. I doesn't look as sporty but it feels a heck lot more comfortable... Maybe if I had the money I would invest in some better tyres, like Michelin PS4, but for now this is my only solution..

Enviado do meu Mi 10 através do Tapatalk

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I did follow the link, and I also did research before going through with it. I doesn't look as sporty but it feels a heck lot more comfortable... Maybe if I had the money I would invest in some better tyres, like Michelin PS4, but for now this is my only solution..

Not really

Sell / exchange the 18” alloys for some 17” alloys wearing the correct sized tyres for the car?

or maybe in the first instance you bought the wrong car for your needs? Maybe should of purchased a small SUV or a more comfort orientated car, even an SE Leon would of done the job with non sport suspension

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
I've got an Xcellence Technology with the 1.4 150 ACT and DSG with 17in wheels. Whilst it deals with speed bumps in a relatively comfortable way, I find it close to unbearable on rough roads or over a stray pothole. Seems to send massive jolts through the entire car whenever you hit something with a single wheel. It even loses composure over motorway cats eyes.

I'm adamant that something's wrong with it and it's not just a characteristic of the car as even passengers have commented on it, particularly when in the back. The front offside tyre is also wearing much faster than the rest and whilst the inherent torque imbalance of a FWD car can cause some of this, surely not 3mm worth of wear.

But dealers claim nothing wrong. That said, my confidence in the dealer is minimal after various issues. Coupled with the numerous rattles, engine vibrations and noises, I'm slowly losing confidence in the car.

Only really empathising with you and agreeing it could be mechanical problems.

Get a high precision four wheel alignment check done, my FR handled terribly from delivery until I had the tracking checked and corrected. Mine arrived with 6 miles on the clock, so either the factory QA is useless or the shipping/delivery was really harsh.

The ride was immensely better afterward and the unusual tyre wear stopped.

Reactions: GaryPL

davidvilao

May 28, 2018
So guys, a quick update on this topic, fitted 225 40 18 Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance tyres today and let me tell you, what a difference..really changed the comfort and behavior of the car!
Really pleased.

Thanks for all of the information and help!

Next step will be to retrofit DCC :)

Shocks are on the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: GaryPL

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
So guys, a quick update on this topic, fitted 225 40 18 Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance tyres today and let me tell you, what a difference..really changed the comfort and behavior of the car!
Really pleased.

What brand/model of tyres were the ones your replaced? Bridgestone?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.