In your opinion, what's the best option you have activated using OBD11?

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
Hi,

I recently got OBD11 pro and was wondering what's the best option you activated with obd11 and can't drive without it on your seat ateca?

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
I dont know about an Ateca but, on my mk3 Leon Cupra, the best ones are soundaktor off, one key press mirrors folding in, exhaust flaps always open, DRLs off with toggle function in infotainment screen.

Reactions: hamst

Tell

Staff member
Stop / Start. The heater setting so you get the led feed back on speed. Developers menu for the infotainment system. The one press closing. Seat had a stupid way of closing early Kessy Seat cars with the long press... they wanted to be different. They fell into line with the other brands in about 2018 or so on that one.

The mirror drop for reverse only works if you got the correct mirror motor in, early Ateca's didn't so they drifted with use if enabled. There is a test you can do on that one looking at the realtime data.... called that the Don test if you search for that. Named it after the Ozzie coding expert who published that.

Reactions: mathyou78 and hamst

Tell

Staff member
I should have linked to the thread I put up which covers the ones I've tested and researched:

Traffic sign recognition (TSR) is a popular one for people that have lane assist in the pre face lifted ones but didn't pay for TSR, it could just be turned on. That isn't always the case for more recent models where the camera spec has changed but those in the 2016-2020 period that can be done.

Needie swing is one that people long for but that can't be done with the digital cockpit. Works with the traditional cockpit display on the Ateca.

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
So far I have activated several interesting things.

*TSR on digital cockpit.
*Alarm (via horn)
*Ambient colors
*Mirror drop, but doesnt work at all yet( help is appreciated)
*Changed skin to carbon fibre
* Sport view on digital cockpit
* interior light fade in/out
* Auto Fan level
* Comfort signal 5

Reactions: H Rafiq and Tell

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022

*TSR on digital cockpit.
*Alarm (via horn)
*Ambient colors
* Auto Fan level
* Comfort signal 5
Did you activate the toggle in the infotainment settings menu for the mirror lowering, or actually activate it? Is your mirror adjuster positioned on the passenger-side mirror?

Reactions: hamst and Tell

Tell

Staff member

*TSR on digital cockpit.
*Alarm (via horn)
*Ambient colors
* Auto Fan level
* Comfort signal 5
Mirror dip, I can only point you to that thread. I got it working on mine but it will drift with repeated use since it doesn't have the correct positioning motor with feedback. On a LHD cars the mirror knob has to be set in the reverse position of RHD. Put in reverse and the mirror will drop. You have to toggle that function to on, on the infotainment screen plus the door coding plus any other coding. Having dropped the mirror you position it from memory... was ~ 5 years ago. It's a good training example on Obdeleven since it's across systems. Because I got top view I don't use it and I don't think the Ateca height and wing mirror help. A German thread at the time said it does work if you crank your head as well. E.g.. use the function plus lean in the seat. I think they had that about right. It's not ideal.

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
Mirror dip, I can only point you to that thread. I got it working on mine but it will drift with repeated use since it doesn't have the correct positioning motor with feedback. On a LHD cars the mirror knob has to be set in the reverse position of RHD. Put in reverse and the mirror will drop. You have to toggle that function to on, on the infotainment screen plus the door coding plus any other coding. Having dropped the mirror you position it from memory... was ~ 5 years ago. It's a good training example on Obdeleven since it's across systems. Because I got top view I don't use it and I don't think the Ateca height and wing mirror help. A German thread at the time said it does work if you crank your head as well. E.g.. use the function plus lean in the seat. I think they had that about right. It's not ideal.
I'll have to relook into it. Didnt have much time. Also. Is there a way to activate PACC? Or link TSR with ACC.

Tell

Staff member
@hamst did you use pro coding or one click apps. I'm not convinced it would know the difference between the left passenger door and the right. Also if you have memory seats the coding needs to take that into account. I covered that in the link. This is the issue with one click apps they can't take into account thè wrinkles in the specifications.

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
I'll have to relook into it. Didnt have much time. Also. Is there a way to activate PACC? Or link TSR with ACC.
I see you have been on the Retrofit VW site 😂. Where our sponsors @East Yorkshire Retrofits are handy at difficult tasks 😍. PACC is next generation lane assist to what we have in our cars of that period. I believe ours do have TSR linked to ACC so will respond to traffic signs it reads and the digitised built in navigation maps. That's the complaint you read on forums where the brakes slam on if one of these isn't correct either digitised or read incorrectly. Generally I find TSR works fine. I known it to misread read signs on the back of trucks on the continent but good in the UK.

Being a purist I don't use ACC or Lane Assist but I am informed by TSR warnings. Very handy to keep within legal speed limits with the beep warnings generated from within the digitised maps / speed signs read. Google devotees don't get those warnings if they don't have TSR and can get nabbed for speeding 😉.

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
Does this help at all? I used it when doing mine:

Nah, i followed exactly the same
I see you have been on the Retrofit VW site 😂. Where our sponsors @East Yorkshire Retrofits are handy at difficult tasks 😍. PACC is next generation lane assist to what we have in our cars of that period. I believe ours do have TSR linked to ACC so will respond to traffic signs it reads and the digitised built in navigation maps. That's the complaint you read on forums where the brakes slam on if one of these isn't correct either digitised or read incorrectly. Generally I find TSR works fine. I known it to misread read signs on the back of trucks on the continent but good in the UK.

Being a purist I don't use ACC or Lane Assist but I am informed by TSR warnings. Very handy to keep within legal speed limits with the beep warnings generated from within the digitised maps / speed signs read. Google devotees don't get those warnings if they don't have TSR and can get nabbed for speeding 😉.
I see that my copy paste skills are revealing alot about my virtual life haha. Honestly i didnt want to do it, now that i see how inaccurate TSR is i dont want my cruise control do be doing crazy things on the highway. I will just follow waze and my own eyes to follow speed limits.

Now that i have been playing for a whole week with obdeleven pro, I did a full backup before touching things. How can I restore all modified adaptations easily??. (I know the long route of checking each module and trying to replicate the backup)

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
@hamst did you use pro coding or one click apps. I'm not convinced it would know the difference between the left passenger door and the right. Also if you have memory seats the coding needs to take that into account. I covered that in the link. This is the issue with one click apps they can't take into account thè wrinkles in the specifications.
I gave up. Nothing works.

Tell

Staff member
I gave up. Nothing works.
(mirror dip in reverse)

They might have altered something in production like the motor. Mine certainly dips and does go back up but as was pointed out it drifts since it wasn't fitted with the correct sensors in the motor. Think it must go into an alignment thing when returning, but if yours was never sold to have this function then you can't guarantee it will return correctly after repeated use.

I did read Don / DV52s posts where he said in Australia imported VWs have the correct motors on both sides (only need it on the passenger side) other cars don't. Hence some people have success with mirror dip whilst others don't on Australian VWs. German Ateca forum back in 2017 noted that the Ateca mirror drifted and the design of the mirror, car height etc make you need to move your head for the extra view, so it's a comprise in its use. Drifts and you need to cranks your head to get a better view 😂. All of this doesn't stop people wanting to do the mod that are unaware that the correct equipment isn't fitted in the car.

When it got to the point where one of the well known posters here was having issues although I said there were issues, did a bit more research, by that stage Don / DV52 had published a test. This I called the Don test. Shows whether you have the correct motor part.

The Don test:

You get the live data. When I did it for Andrew JB it showed that it didn't have the correct motor in. Mirror Dip is a lot of puff if your car isn't equipped with it since you may not have the supporting VAG component in it. That test, tests for it.

On a LHD car you turn the mirror switch to R after the coding mod and ticked the mirror dip switch on the infotainment screen. RHD, to R. Select reverse it dips. If incorrect parts it drifts with repeated use. I'd say the Ateca mirror isn't shaped well for its use and the seating height... Hence the German Ateca forum who had it first working say you have to crank your head.

Reactions: hamst and Gerryfr

Tell

Staff member
Nah, i followed exactly the same

I see that my copy paste skills are revealing alot about my virtual life haha. Honestly i didnt want to do it, now that i see how inaccurate TSR is i dont want my cruise control do be doing crazy things on the highway. I will just follow waze and my own eyes to follow speed limits.

Now that i have been playing for a whole week with obdeleven pro, I did a full backup before touching things. How can I restore all modified adaptations easily??. (I know the long route of checking each module and trying to replicate the backup)
Obdeleven doesn't have a "restore" function. You look at the history in the modules you have been in and just reverse it. So it shows each change you made.

The full back up is where a long string might get corrupted so you have a record of what you had. Normally using the history tab is adequate to see what you have done.

This option (example). You look in each of the control units you have been in if there is any question of anything fumbled:

Screenshot_20220730-183627.png

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
Obdeleven doesn't have a "restore" function. You look at the history in the modules you have been in and just reverse it. So it shows each change you made.

The full back up is where a long string might get corrupted so you have a record of what you had. Normally using the history tab is adequate to see what you have done.

This option (example). You look in each of the control units you have been in if there is any question of anything fumbled:

View attachment 33048
Yea that's what I am doing. But thankfully i didnt mess up anything so I was just anticipating just in case. Thanks!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.