Incorrect Speedo?

briggd01

May 30, 2007
Bracknell, Berks
Anybody seen issues with there speedo and correct speed?

Mine seems to be out; at 90 on the speedo my snooper reads 85, and i've tested with 2 x different types of Snooper with the same results.

Any idea's?:confused:

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
i've thought about this.... that means i'm putting more miles on my car than im actually doing... i think we should look at getting some compensation from Seat :)

andycupra

status subject to change
i've thought about this.... that means i'm putting more miles on my car than im actually doing... i think we should look at getting some compensation from Seat :)

not necessarily.

the speedo depends how the needle and print is manufactured on the dash is manufactured. this is a indicator and not actually the speed recorded.
the mileage id imagine is calcualted via the speed indicated by the ecu. (can be found on the aircon 'hidden read outs') which i believe reads more accurately.

the speedo is conservative as you would soon sue seat when you got done for speeding!

JKM

SCN Sponsor
Apr 25, 2005
Most cars are out and its not just on VAG platform cars, we see it all of the time on our rolling road.
For example, the Rolling road lets us know 'true 70MPH' and it is not atall uncommon for cars to read wrong, and it is usually that they are over reading.

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
not all the time tho

as if you increase wheel size but decrease tyre hieght you can get a same rolling overall diameter
theres online calculators to work this out

Ahh but you can only get close. No two combinations are exactly the same.

The speedo on all cars overead by about 8% as industry standard due to the speeding part as it makes sure they arnt sued.

It is also , I think, partly to do with making you think the car is a bit sportier than it is.

Your cruising at 80mph on the motorway thinking yeah this is awesome when really your doing about 73-74.

Deleted member 20482

prob a bit of both...personally i think its the sat navs...baring in mind it has to go up in "space" and then ping back down... cant see how its that accurate..
it does it on my garmin..shows slower than my speedo
also had car tested on rolling road...mine is pretty well spot on...did it after speeding fine and i contested it in court..
somthing we have to live with :(

Neg.

May 11, 2007
Bristol
ppersonally i think its the sat navs...baring in mind it has to go up in "space" and then ping back down... cant see how its that accurate..

10 nano seconds error in time, which equates to an accuracy of approximately 3meters. So personnaly, id say it has a minute part to play.....

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.