Indicator 'Ticking'

Sad Marvin

Hi All,
Has anyone else had the problem where when the indicators cancle that the 'ticking' continues?

I am just wondering what is the most likely cause or what needs to be replaced to stop this from happening.

Thanks
Marvin

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
I had this a while ago and as silver surfer says it was the indicator stalk. I just sprayed some WD40 in there and that solved it. That was last July and it's not happened again.

ToledoNorthEat

Richy - Full member
Dec 17, 2009
South Shields
I had / have that problem, however it is not the indicator stalk since it happens when I use the hazards... any clues? It only happens sometimes... The last time it did it alllll the way from Newcastle to Alton Towers! (a very annoying 3 hr drive!)

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
i always read storys about this being the relay... which is the hazzard switch if this makes sense. So i replaced that last week and its started doing it again... so waste of money that was. I guess my best bet now is to soak the indicator stalk in wd40 and see how i get on

AP_V5

Jan 19, 2010
Sussex
Sorry to thread hi-jack here! But I have indicator issues (only flash once then stop on hazards or indicators) so 99% sure I need a hazard switch relay unit.

Only trouble is I'm having real trouble getting hold of one!!

Does anyone know if one from a Golf MK4 will fit if i swap the front over?

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby

I think that would only apply if the indicators didnt work at all... my understanding was the relay was inside the hazzard switch unit... Theres quite a few threads on it if you do a search in the leon section

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.