Induction Kits for LCR

jimbo_iow

Mar 24, 2006
Isle of Wight
Hi everyone this is only my second post so bare with me..

I currently have a Leon Cupra at the moment which i am selling to make way for a newer Cupra R. I had a Carbonio Induction Kit on my cupra and loved the sound it made. I wanted to put it on the Cupra R but I beleive the MAF sensor is bigger so it wouldn't fit.
I have also done some hunting around and it looks like from some of the comments i've seen that I wont be able to fit a Carbonio to the LCR anyway, is this true? or is it just because of the extra intercooler and an FMIC would make way for one?
Does anyone know if there are any other induction kits that sound similar to the carbonio as i've not heard any of them?

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Yes MAF is bigger. You're right the carbonio and other types won't fit because of the 2nd intercooler.

I don't think the FMIC would make way for one as you still have pipework down where the filter would go.

Dynatwist, Ramair, BMC are popular ones - lots of info on the forums.

jimbo_iow

Mar 24, 2006
Isle of Wight
I thought that was the case, cheers Phil.
Its a bit of a shame though, it did make a very good Dump sound from the Diverter valve. I think it actually sounded better than an atmospheric one. I ended up selling the kit to a friend with a 1.8T golf Gti and it made that sound awsome too.

I think another evening of investigating is in order then and reading up on your suggestions. I wasn't sure if the FMIC would make a difference I didnt think about where the pipes might feed, i suposed the best thing is to have a look when i get the cupra r.

I found a few forums about modified air boxes on here too and i'm thinking this might even be the way to go, but i'm a bit unsure as to how much noise they would make. The difference between the carbonio and standard box was massive, has anybody been able to compare the two and have any comments on the difference?

Cheers
Jim

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
jimbo_iow said:
I found a few forums about modified air boxes on here too and i'm thinking this might even be the way to go, but i'm a bit unsure as to how much noise they would make. The difference between the carbonio and standard box was massive, has anybody been able to compare the two and have any comments on the difference?

Modified air box's great for airflow but very little sound difference

jimbo_iow

Mar 24, 2006
Isle of Wight
Guess its a personal choice thng then really.... Sound or Performance.

I'm quite liking the BMC (that is the carbon one Right?) think the Dynatwist can look a little more out of place.

Does anyone know the best place for spare airboxes, I think i'd like to have a spare one to cut about over my new one

lloydy26

wot bout the neuspeed induction kit, i had 1 on my other LCR and that allowed the forge dv to make a lovely sound, performance was no different either

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
Ruddmeister said:
Even with an FMIC a Carbonio won't fit

With FMIC or without you may get a Flexi 80mm to fog light level with a lot of scuffed knuckles ;)

sorry but you can get down there with FMIC i know mines custom but still, 1 x 4'' flexi easy

mALLA

Apr 19, 2006
Sussex
NEUSPEED ALL THE WAY. sounds great, dv has got ridiculiously loud and its a re-circ lol!

and its nice cos it fits on alll the original mounting holes. good piece of kit!