Infotainment restarts

Doogle

Ageing rockeršŸ¤ŸšŸ»šŸŽø
Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
Drive back from Kent today (Back to Cumbria so nearly 300 mile trip) and after setting off from a break at Keele services I experienced an issue a few have had, but this was a first for me....the dreaded traffic sign recognition screwing upšŸ˜µ
Bizarre, I had traffic signs flitting from 10 to 20mph (despite being on a 70mph motorway) I'd occasionally see a correct speed sign recognition but the little red "Flag" that should correspond on the speedo, with the relevant speed sign would not move above 20mph, I'd also periodically get a sign I've never seen before of two cars with an exclamation mark between them (Distance?) At one point I lost the digital speed readout altogether for a second or two, oh and I also had NO navigation, either on the main screen, or in between the clocks.

After another stop and start everything (as I thought it would) came back as it shouldšŸ˜Ø
Hopefully 1940 will sort this sort of annoying issue out...fingers crossed.

pivko11

Jun 9, 2022
Drive back from Kent today (Back to Cumbria so nearly 300 mile trip) and after setting off from a break at Keele services I experienced an issue a few have had, but this was a first for me....the dreaded traffic sign recognition screwing upšŸ˜µ
Bizarre, I had traffic signs flitting from 10 to 20mph (despite being on a 70mph motorway) I'd occasionally see a correct speed sign recognition but the little red "Flag" that should correspond on the speedo, with the relevant speed sign would not move above 20mph, I'd also periodically get a sign I've never seen before of two cars with an exclamation mark between them (Distance?) At one point I lost the digital speed readout altogether for a second or two, oh and I also had NO navigation, either on the main screen, or in between the clocks.

After another stop and start everything (as I thought it would) came back as it shouldšŸ˜Ø
Hopefully 1940 will sort this sort of annoying issue out...fingers crossed.
Two cars with an exclamation mark indeed is a warning that you are too close to the car in front.

The rest are bugs šŸ™„

Reactions: Doogle

Doogle

Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
It can be quite keen and show at a distance away, especially if you have ACC set to 'far follow' rather than a nearer setting.
Iā€™m guessing the ACC is the ā€œCruise controlā€?ā€¦.something I have NEVER used as yet (Wary of the horror stories around slowing down when overtaking, andā€¦Iā€™m clueless about it anywayšŸ¤£šŸ¤£)

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Iā€™m guessing the ACC is the ā€œCruise controlā€?ā€¦.something I have NEVER used as yet (Wary of the horror stories around slowing down when overtaking, andā€¦Iā€™m clueless about it anywayšŸ¤£šŸ¤£)
Yes, sorry - ACC is Automomous Cruise Control (I think). It's active all the time and is using the radar to measure the distance to the vehicle in front of you and provide the warning, even if you are not using the ACC - where it would keep the appropriate gap itself, braking and falling back if needed. You can set the distance to the vehicle in front using the button on the steering wheel but I think that only works when using the ACC.

The overtaking issue (where it appeared to think you were undertaking when driving on the right) was fixed a while ago, but if you link it to the Road Sign Recognition (if you have it) it can still surprise one with a braking event when it spots a speed limit sign not applicable to the road you're travelling on (as discussed in another thread).

Doogle

Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
Yes, sorry - ACC is Automomous Cruise Control (I think). It's active all the time and is using the radar to measure the distance to the vehicle in front of you and provide the warning, even if you are not using the ACC - where it would keep the appropriate gap itself, braking and falling back if needed. You can set the distance to the vehicle in front using the button on the steering wheel but I think that only works when using the ACC.

The overtaking issue (where it appeared to think you were undertaking when driving on the right) was fixed a while ago, but if you link it to the Road Sign Recognition (if you have it) it can still surprise one with a braking event when it spots a speed limit sign not applicable to the road you're travelling on (as discussed in another thread).
Cheers for this, I wasn't aware ACC was active even while not using cruise control, I do have a habit of turning on/off things on the steering wheel with the palm of my hand (Hearing

Doogle

Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
Cheers for this, I wasn't aware ACC was active even while not using cruise control, I do have a habit of turning on/off things on the steering wheel with the palm of my hand (Heating is a classicšŸ˜¬) I guess I could have maybe somehow altered distance settings inadvertently, I'd never seen this symbol before so maybe?

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
@Doogle you can turn it down, so to speak by entering this menu in the infotainment system. Obviously on a motorway the symbol will come on earlier due to the higher speeds.

20230413_122519.jpg

Reactions: Fencer60 and Doogle

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
I hoping the ACC behavior is better on 1940 because on 1899 I wouldn't agree it's fully active while not using cruise control, although I know the sign recognition is active all the time and the emergency stop radar, of course.

My trouble is; the ACC ability to set the speed automatically depending the the detected sign recognition doesn't seem to be active when the ACC is deactivated / passive (grey text)

So you can have a situation where you enter a 40mph road, switch the ACC / Travel assist on, but it will set the last known speed of 27mph, even with the car knowing it past a 40mph sign before activation.

I wish it would apply the posted speed limits to the ACC regardless if it's active or passive, as the setting suggests it does. I'm always having to + up the speed almost every time.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I hoping the ACC behavior is better on 1940 because on 1899 I wouldn't agree it's fully active while not using cruise control, although I know the sign recognition is active all the time and the emergency stop radar, of course.

My trouble is; the ACC ability to set the speed automatically depending the the detected sign recognition doesn't seem to be active when the ACC is deactivated / passive (grey text)

So you can have a situation where you enter a 40mph road, switch the ACC / Travel assist on, but it will set the last known speed of 27mph, even with the car knowing it past a 40mph sign before activation.

I wish it would apply the posted speed limits to the ACC regardless if it's active or passive, as the setting suggests it does. I'm always having to + up the speed almost every time.
Mine does, I'm on A896 - sets the speed accordingly when not active (cruise speed shown in grey) so it's at the correct speed when you press Resume. Not sure what it does when it's fully off (i.e. when mileage is displayed).

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
I've never had an issue with how the ACC works, though I did switch off the active speed sign recognition (see earlier post here).
I usually remember the speed that ACC was set at so simply either press resume so it accelerates to the last preset speed or, accelerate to the speed I want and press set if it was preset to a lower speed.
Even basic cruise control always worked this way with a 'set' and 'resume' button.

Last edited:

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
In the interest of curiosity I tried completely turning off the ACC on the way home last night, and then turned it back on. No speed had been memorised, and although the TSR knew what the speed limit was, it didn't bother telling the ACC until the limit changed at the next sign.

Reactions: Karbonfaiba

RCupra

Feb 22, 2020
Mine does, I'm on A896 - sets the speed accordingly when not active (cruise speed shown in grey) so it's at the correct speed when you press Resume. Not sure what it does when it's fully off (i.e. when mileage is displayed).
Why are you still on A896 and not updated to 1940?

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Why are you still on A896 and not updated to 1940?
Cars not been in for service since January / February, and can't be bothered taking it in just for an update (and neither the argument to get it updated). I had assumed (apparently wrongly) that any large updates would be done OTA as per A896.

RCupra

Feb 22, 2020
Cars not been in for service since January / February, and can't be bothered taking it in just for an update (and neither the argument to get it updated). I had assumed (apparently wrongly) that any large updates would be done OTA as per A896.
Then update it yourself

Verstuurd vanaf mijn 2112123AG met Tapatalk

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I'm still getting the SOS and Travel Assist errors - which can come and go in seconds. Really hard to pin down a pattern, don't think its geographical (i.e. phone signal), thinking might be rain / dampness related.
I think I may have made these go away, at least temporarily. I switched away from using the internal eSIM to my phone for data and other than a couple of instances when there was clearly no phone signal (generally its always in my pocket), the errors stopped.

After a couple of weeks I switched back to the eSIM and still no errors, mayb itā€™s had a reset as you select it or something.

Does anyone know what mobile network the eSIM uses (not Cubic, thatā€™s the data contract)? Presumably the same as all VAG cars.

Mar 29, 2023
Great news :)
I got word from my car dealer last week, that Cupra finally released a fix for this - so i got mine updated today. It normally happened rarely, so cant say for sure if it have been fixed for good - but my fingers are crossed.

The car dealer said "There is an TPI with the number 2066091 - any Cupra dealer can use that number, to get the firmware fix downloaded".
Got my car booked in at the dealership after I saw your message and they confirmed it needed the software update. Got the update applied last week and so far - touch wood - everything seems OK, and restarting issue hasnā€™t occurred since. Thanks for the heads up šŸ˜ƒ

LetsForment

Nov 28, 2022
South East England
After a few months of behaving itself, yesterday morning it decided to wipe all my settings. Radio stations favourite gone, all the destinations in maps gone, bunch of other things in climate control etc.

Just remembered my name... ugh

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.