Infotainment restarts

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
Anyone getting the infotainment system randomly restarting? I was on 1896 and dealer updated to 1898 and it still happens just seeing if anyone else gets the issue?

Reactions: CupraNewboy

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
Anyone getting the infotainment system randomly restarting? I was on 1896 and dealer updated to 1898 and it still happens just seeing if anyone else gets the issue?
Usually not but it restarts frequently since some weeks back. I updated OTA A896 last year and it has worked well mostly. Strange that the same version acts up suddenly.

Nov 3, 2022
My Leon SPeHybrid245 from dec'20, got 1899 and it still periodically reboot after about 30 second on startup.

Sendt fra min SM-G991B med Tapatalk

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
Usually not but it restarts frequently since some weeks back. I updated OTA A896 last year and it has worked well mostly. Strange that the same version acts up suddenly.
I had a small ota update for store etc about 3 weeks ago and seems to happen after that. You have the ota update?

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
I had a small ota update for store etc about 3 weeks ago and seems to happen after that. You have the ota update?
Yes, I forgot about that one. It was a small OTA update a few weeks ago. Maybe it introduced more/new bugs.

Yesterday I had a new experience while changing radio stations. It took 5–10 seconds from I changed (on the steering wheel and also tried on screen) station before it changed. I had to reboot it manually to make it work again. Anyone had that?

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
Yes, I forgot about that one. It was a small OTA update a few weeks ago. Maybe it introduced more/new bugs.

Yesterday I had a new experience while changing radio stations. It took 5–10 seconds from I changed (on the steering wheel and also tried on screen) station before it changed. I had to reboot it manually to make it work again. Anyone had that?
It’s been fine until that little update come along! As looking on the golf forum people are getting random reboots too.

Not had the radio station issue. Yet!!

Secretagent

Nov 26, 2022
Whenever I see a change on the infotainment start-up screen I can't help but wonder what will change or could happen today as I'm driving down the road, will today be the day that the bugged infotainment system tries to kill me?

st4niu

Dec 22, 2022
I'm on 1896 and it also happens from time to time. Sometimes it's like a week between this random restart and sometimes it hapens for 3 days in a row. I have no idea what triggers this. I tried to implement start procedure haha:) Like get in the car, press start button without pressing the brake pedal so all systems can boot and start properly and then start the engine after like 10 seconds or so but it doesn't help. It seems like Cupra got their tablets from some Chinese factory on some promo and now we see the results.

Scriminjer

Oct 13, 2022
Mine is randomly restarting. Seems to do it a lot then nothing for a few days.

I have noticed if it’s colder and I’ve got the AC on higher and demisting going it seems to freeze and restart. Usually the audio starts to break up first before it restarts.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
It seems I must be one of the lucky ones as I've never experienced this. I had one OTA update on 15th Dec which was a nav update. I do get regular "changing your system settings" notifications that I always say OK to. No idea what they are but they seem to be applied when the car is restarted as it always sets my a/c back to 22°C.

Reactions: Bear

arizla

Dec 7, 2014
Bishop Auckland
I too have been having the same issue in the last few weeks, last time it happened a few days ago. lost radio station, time altered from GMT to GMT-12 and also changed one of the menu options on the infotainment display, car is garaged over night but has been very cold as mentioned, yes its a pain

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
Mine randomly restarts within a minute of start up, but only a couple of times in the last fortnight. Settings appear to be the same after the restart and it has definitely started doing this after the software update a few weeks ago.

marjohn56

May 31, 2014
London
Not had an issue with mine, and although I did see the 'changing your system settings' popup in the first few weeks of having the car I have not seen it since the last update. Seems these things are totally random and inconsistent across different cars - which makes it a nightmare to fix.
I did manage to break it by attaching one of my media drives, there were something in excess of 25000 MP3 tracks and around 1000 playlists on the drive. Fair play though, It did work at first but gave up and froze after a while. No worries with another drive that has considerably less on it.

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
The wife is moaning ours keeps getting "the black screen of death", as she calls it.

I have noticed that the dash display is often different to my preferred one. I thought it was her hitting the view button on the wheel!

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
The wife is moaning ours keeps getting "the black screen of death", as she calls it.

I have noticed that the dash display is often different to my preferred one. I thought it was her hitting the view button on the wheel!
After the random reboot my dash display/cockpit view is always changed to another than the one I selected.

Yesterday the Infotainment decided to reboot while I was on the phone…when it came back Waze wasn’t working (it didn’t show my correct position) so I did an manual reboot and then it worked again.
Looking forward to the next update.

CupraNewboy

May 17, 2021
Mine has been working pretty well since the A896 OTA update ( and a couple of items coded with obdeleven )

Now that my cupra connect has expired - perhaps they will leave the car alone in its working condition.
My Connect expired back at the end of September. I keep getting random reboots, especially in the last fortnight. I have also noticed that the rear zone heating is permanently off and will not respond from the infotainment screen either. Does yours work now that your Connect has expired?

st4niu

Dec 22, 2022
My Connect expired back at the end of September. I keep getting random reboots, especially in the last fortnight. I have also noticed that the rear zone heating is permanently off and will not respond from the infotainment screen either. Does yours work now that your Connect has expired?
Sometimes this crap with 3 zone AC happens to me. It shows -- where it should show temperature. You have to click sync on the screen where you can select temp for both front zones and then it will start working again for the back. Until the next time lol.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.