Infotainment restarts

dazed

Mar 28, 2022
I always have, never seen a change until this morning. It cleared my sat nav destination, lowered the volume of my music and turned of my heated seat. Well that's all I noticed.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
I've always clicked 'OK' too. The screen goes off for about 20 seconds or so and that's it. The only change I've ever noticed is that the a/c resets to 22° but only after the next time I start the car. I don't suppose we'll ever get to find out what these system setting changes are supposed to do :unsure: .
I still don't seem to have had the OTA that seems to be causing all these infotainment issues. I'll not bother if it does pop up, I just hope I do get the option to reject it!

Nov 29, 2021
As of last week our infotainment screen keeps rebooting every 30 seconds or so. The radio will stop, then a load of pinged up alerts for all the driver aids that have stopped working (Front assist, SOS, dynamic road sign etc) the screen will then reboot and 30 seconds later the same happens again. Also when starting the car the screen just stays black you can only turn it on by holding the power button for 10-15seconds but again it gets into the reboot loop. We also get a pop noise occasionally from what appears to be the front centre speaker.
Spoken to our local dealer who seem useless and oblivious to any problems with the cupra infotainment, we are currently on Hardware H56 and Software A896.
Does anyone know of any recalls etc that I can mention to the dealer when booking the car in ? Thanks.

Doogle

Ageing rocker🤟🏻🎸
Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
As of last week our infotainment screen keeps rebooting every 30 seconds or so. The radio will stop, then a load of pinged up alerts for all the driver aids that have stopped working (Front assist, SOS, dynamic road sign etc) the screen will then reboot and 30 seconds later the same happens again. Also when starting the car the screen just stays black you can only turn it on by holding the power button for 10-15seconds but again it gets into the reboot loop. We also get a pop noise occasionally from what appears to be the front centre speaker.
Spoken to our local dealer who seem useless and oblivious to any problems with the cupra infotainment, we are currently on Hardware H56 and Software A896.
Does anyone know of any recalls etc that I can mention to the dealer when booking the car in ? Thanks.
Dealers appear clueless countrywide going by the experiences on here, I’m about to ring mine and see about booking it in, mine has rebooted twice, but numerous privacy changes, requests to change settings, and the other day the Seat decided to completely readjust itself🙄
Lot worse since the last ota update in my opinion

Reactions: Shaun123

ES_Formentor

Sep 30, 2021
Sounds like a 5F control unit failure. Ours did that last summer just prior to full failure after about 4 or 5 reboot loops it would stay black with all other controls un useable. 5f unit failure was diagnosed our insurance informed us that if there was an accident that could have been prevented or mitigated by an onboard system that was inoperative then we would not be covered. Car stayed at dealer until it was fixed by replacing the unit.

Nov 29, 2021
Sounds like a 5F control unit failure. Ours did that last summer just prior to full failure after about 4 or 5 reboot loops it would stay black with all other controls un useable. 5f unit failure was diagnosed our insurance informed us that if there was an accident that could have been prevented or mitigated by an onboard system that was inoperative then we would not be covered. Car stayed at dealer until it was fixed by replacing the unit.
Sounds serious then regarding insurance, is this something I could get in touch with Seat assist for and collect as we might not technically be covered by insurance, plus we cannot easily adjust the heater controls now to stop the windscreen misting up.

Secretagent

Nov 26, 2022
One thing I've discovered more than once recently is that if I explore within the infotainment settings as I'm still not on top of everything and don't actually adjust anything that's when the system will play up the next time I use the car, happened again this morning after having a scroll through the menus last night, the infotainment system wouldn't boot up at all on my 3 mile journey, left it for 45 mins and then on return and start up no problems.
But I still love the car.

Attachments

• zz.jpg
    zz.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 102

Doogle

Ageing rocker🤟🏻🎸
Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
One thing I've discovered more than once recently is that if I explore within the infotainment settings as I'm still not on top of everything and don't actually adjust anything that's when the system will play up the next time I use the car, happened again this morning after having a scroll through the menus last night, the infotainment system wouldn't boot up at all on my 3 mile journey, left it for 45 mins and then on return and start up no problems.
But I still love the car.
That the Lakes? Just back from a short run for the afternoon

Secretagent

Nov 26, 2022
That the Lakes? Just back from a short run for the afternoon
No it's the road across the Brecon Beacons South Wales, the photo was taken last Sunday on my mobile as the light was fading. and the car's colour isn't black as one would think but magnetic grey.

Reactions: Doogle

Eryas

Feb 21, 2022
Belgium
Just brought my car to the dealer today. They will do an update to "solve" this problem (with the keyless and the profile change issue)

I know, it will not be fixed (bug still there with last versions) but at least, I hope will get 1898 / 1899. As I still have the 1890, and never had the OTA update.

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
Hi all,
Are people still getting the infotainment restarts as I’m still getting them not as bad. It still there. I’ve spoken to the dealer but said I’m on the latest firmware and only thing they can suggest is to do a full reset of the firmware so tell the car it’s a new head unit (but it’s not) to see if that solves the issue. But it seems to happen across Vag and seat so got to be a software issue as didn’t do it last year only started after a ota update.
Seat uk are just plain useless and as much help as a chocolate radiator!!

Mad Spoons

Spoons
Jun 27, 2005
Yorkshire
Mine seems to have been ok for the last 2 weeks. It’s in For a service this week and they are going to do a software update (or at least that’s the claim)

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
Mine seems to have been ok for the last 2 weeks. It’s in For a service this week and they are going to do a software update (or at least that’s the claim)
I’m on the latest 1898 they have told me, was on 1896 on both versions I had the screen reboot itself. What version are you on?