Infotainment restarts

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
Seat dealer come back to me today as said I’m on the latest firmware 1898 for my car and seat are aware of the random restarts and said to make sure if any ota updates come to make sure I update. So hopefully a fix is on its way. But the rate vw sort software issues out the car will be to old 😂

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
Seat dealer come back to me today as said I’m on the latest firmware 1898 for my car and seat are aware of the random restarts and said to make sure if any ota updates come to make sure I update. So hopefully a fix is on its way. But the rate vw sort software issues out the car will be to old 😂
My infotainment gets worse.
No sound whatsoever while driving to work. No sound from the radio, Spotify or while calling someone. It didn’t help to reboot manually or restart the car either, but it might work again while driving home later I suppose.
Yesterday it all worked perfectly.

I hope, but don’t really believe it, that there’s a bugfix package coming soon. I’ve asked Cupra Sweden about it but no response yet and I don’t have any high expectations. Let’s see…

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I spoke too soon.
System has self re-booted on almost every trip since Friday.
This system is a total PITA
So wish I was still in my Mk3.5 Leon.

Reactions: ozzrahog

Bannanaboi

Mar 29, 2022
My infotainment started boot cycling from 12th Jan. Ever since then that's all it does, it's now gotten to a stage where the screen doesn't even come on now so I have no control over the air con, rear view parking or Bluetooth. Further to this the auto sign recognition, Parking sensors and sos call functionality do not work. I took it to WJ King Cupra for 2 days and the decided it needed a new control unit.

Of course Cupra doesn't have any to give me because why would they have any ready to send in case something goes wrong. So know I've resorted to calling/emailing them every day to ask why they are failing to provide me the services/product I paid for.

Mad Spoons

Spoons
Jun 27, 2005
Yorkshire
I had a small ota update for store etc about 3 weeks ago and seems to happen after that. You have the ota update?
Mine did the same. It’s been spot on since March last year when I got it. Now it’s rebooting all the time and also noticed the cruise control is set for driving on the right hand side of the road as it thinks I’m undertaking cars on the motorway and slows down the car.

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
Mine did the same. It’s been spot on since March last year when I got it. Now it’s rebooting all the time and also noticed the cruise control is set for driving in the right as I thinks I’m undertaking cars on the motorway.
Has yours been rebooting since the small ota update? Mines been fine up until that little ota update.
I’ve contacted seat uk but that’s not the quickest to go through as dealer just said just have to wait for another ota as nothing they can do.

Mad Spoons

Spoons
Jun 27, 2005
Yorkshire
Has yours been rebooting since the small ota update? Mines been fine up until that little ota update.
I’ve contacted seat uk but that’s not the quickest to go through as dealer just said just have to wait for another ota as nothing they can do.
Yep. Got an OTA update. The next day it just rebooted both screens while driving then reset the dash to the default view. Usually does it within the first 10 minutes of driving. Tried to book it into the dealer but they couldn’t get me a courtesy car for 5 weeks. Told me if I was
Worries about driving without a dash then to park it by the side of the road and phone cupra to get them to collect it and provide me a car. I had forgotten how bad their customer support was, but it’s all come if flooding back.
I am just going to live with it as it’s booked in for its first service next month when they will look at it.

ozzrahog

Jun 24, 2018
Yep. Got an OTA update. The next day it just rebooted both screens while driving then reset the dash to the default view. Usually does it within the first 10 minutes of driving. Tried to book it into the dealer but they couldn’t get me a courtesy car for 5 weeks. Told me if I was
Worries about driving without a dash then to park it by the side of the road and phone cupra to get them to collect it and provide me a car. I had forgotten how bad their customer support was, but it’s all come if flooding back.
I am just going to live with it as it’s booked in for its first service next month when they will look at it.
I've had the dash go black once it's scary. I hate this car

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
Need seat to reverse what ever they did on the last ota update as looks as this was the issue.

Doogle

Ageing rocker🤟🏻🎸
Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
Anyone getting the infotainment system randomly restarting? I was on 1896 and dealer updated to 1898 and it still happens just seeing if anyone else gets the issue?
Yup, restarted only yesterday, totally random along with the privacy settings going to maximum periodically🥴

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Mine has been doing it a lot lately. Did it 3 times in a row this morning 🤬

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
Mine has been doing it a lot lately. Did it 3 times in a row this morning 🤬
I’m in contact with seat directly but I must say they are not very good so far. No urgency and dealer just say nothing they can do 🤦🏻‍♂️

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
Looks as golf are getting an ota update, hopefully fixes the rebooting issue and seat get it soon.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Looks as golf are getting an ota update, hopefully fixes the rebooting issue and seat get it soon.
I think they need to go back to the drawing board with the firmware.

Wasn't done right in the first place and constant updates to try and fix silly glitches are just a bandage before the next issue.

Perhaps next time they will keep the software in house rather than sticking it out to a third party to cut costs.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I think they need to go back to the drawing board with the firmware.

Wasn't done right in the first place and constant updates to try and fix silly glitches are just a bandage before the next issue.
Agree. I wouldn’t want to buy a used current generation MQB car from any of the VAG brands. I can envisage ongoing issues, and there’s only so many bandages or sticking plasters that can be applied. What will happen when a car’s no longer under warranty? Will VAG still provide software updates and fixes free of charge or will owners be expected to pay for these? Will VAG stop providing support and updates for ‘older’ cars altogether?

I think anyone planning on keeping their car longer term would do well to seriously consider buying a good extended warranty - and check the small print carefully to make sure it covers fixing or replacing faulty software and hardware.

Perhaps next time they will keep the software in house rather than sticking it out to a third party to cut costs.
I may well be wrong but thought that was what has happened. Didn’t VAG use Cariad (100% owned subsidiary of the VW Group) to develop the software for its current crop of MQB and MEB based vehicles? I remember reading that the decision to move software development in-house was to reduce development costs and remove reliance on third party suppliers - that decision seems to have backfired somewhat; developing fixes and updates must be costing a small fortune!

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I may well be wrong but thought that was what has happened. Didn’t VAG use Cariad (100% owned subsidiary of the VW Group) to develop the software for its current crop of MQB and MEB based vehicles? I remember reading that the decision to move software development in-house was to reduce development costs and remove reliance on third party suppliers - that decision seems to have backfired somewhat; developing fixes and updates must be costing a small fortune!
Ah - I could have picked it up wrong.

Whatever they changed - they need to go back to the old system before they put people off for life.

Doogle

Ageing rocker🤟🏻🎸
Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
Well…this was a new one for me anyway…got in the car and then the car decides a dwarf must be driving and starts repositioning my seat for me, damn thing was pushing me towards the dash whilst lowering and folding the back of the seat forwards🥴
Eventually got everything back as it should using the memory function, I’m going to speak to my dealer tomorrow and see about getting it booked in for a software update (The salesman mentioned he’d heard there were updates and I should have been notified) tbh prior to the last ota update I’d had very little in the way of problems 🙄

Tmat

Jan 26, 2023
Oh my. I've read similar on the thread below. Had you pressed ok when the Changing vehicle settings message popped up?

Doogle

Ageing rocker🤟🏻🎸
Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
Oh my. I've read similar on the thread below. Had you pressed ok when the Changing vehicle settings message popped up?

I always cancel unless I know I HAVE made a change😉

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.