Infotainment - settings not stored

Jan 29, 2023
Whenever I use the car again my settings, such as smart assistant modes, return to default.
E.g. smart lane control on

Does anyone else have this problem or am I being silly and missing something?

Jan 29, 2023
Anyone? Are anyone else's settings not stored ? e.g. the steering wheel is always heated when I start the car, even if I disable it. Same with lane assist.

Feb 16, 2023
The vehicle's battery may be weak. Such problems can occur in many electronic devices when the battery voltage is low. If there is no problem in your electrical system, have the battery values measured.

Jan 29, 2023
Two things -
1. I took my Born in last week. The guy explained that lane help etc reverting to ON was by design for safety. He also said no s/w updates were available as far as he was aware.
2. Then I seemed to get a s/w update when I was driving days after. I need to check the version!

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
A lot of settings will revert to a factory default setting (lane assist, start/stop etc etc) unless you deliberately code them to something else using OBDEleven.

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
If it develops a fault because of your coding, yes. But they can't deny a warranty claim if (for example) you coded out the lane assist and you develop a fault with the exhaust.

Reactions: glennrobson1971
Jan 29, 2023
Is there a way to make the option for (for example) lane assist more easily accessible? I am developing muscle memory from switching it off each time I drive but would prefer if it was easier :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.