Infotainment vehicle image

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Hi all,

Quick question, I’ve been fiddling with some settings using VCDs and have just noticed that the car displayed on the screen is an FR ST however the physical car is a cupra st my18. Not sure if it was like this before or not?

Anyone else able confirm this is the same? If not would you be able to post up an admap for 5F infotaiment please or the coding for the unit, it’s the first 6 bytes that seem to make the difference.

92f5ee5e95d8c2cc9e560be61dd1b1cc.jpg

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidstarkey11

Jun 7, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hi all,

Quick question, I’ve been fiddling with some settings using VCDs and have just noticed that the car displayed on the screen is an FR ST however the physical car is a cupra st my18. Not sure if it was like this before or not?

Anyone else able confirm this is the same? If not would you be able to post up an admap for 5F infotaiment please or the coding for the unit, it’s the first 6 bytes that seem to make the difference.

92f5ee5e95d8c2cc9e560be61dd1b1cc.jpg

TIA

Weird. I’ve got an FR SC and mine shows a 5 door Cupra haha! Not sure on how to change it.

Deleted member 103408

Subject to what images the Firmware has stored you can change it. On my car you can change SC, ST or 5 door on the Golf's they seem to have more images. So yes you can change the image, Yes you can upload new images (but you need VCP for that) but stock you can only change from the list that is there.

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018
My infotainment screen shows a silver Cupra ST, which is what I have. But have always wondered whether that was standard or is it meant to match the colour of the car haha. Interested to see responses.

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
so after some tinkering, i've managed to get the original cupra ST image.

It has to do with two items in the long coding. The start up screen and the car derivative.

For the car derivative you are given a list like so,
32521301817_ac934a9852_b.jpg
[/url]

now mine was set to the last option, ah ha i hear you say thats why i had a picture of the FR.... alas ill just change to ST Cupra, cheeky software reset and bam now its a 5 dr xcellence.... WTF?

I went through every option to no avail.

Then I remembered I had changed the start up screen (Byte 18) from the SEAT Logo and Cupra flag (BIT 2) to the copper CUPRA (BIT 7). Changed back to stock and boom it worked.

If broken down into bytes

Byte 0 Manufacturer
Value 1&2 = 04 SEAT

Byte 1
Value 1 = 7 leon, 2 ateca = Car derivative
Value 2 = 3 = mk3, car generation??

Byte 2
Value 1 = 0 normal, 8 CUPRA
Value 2 = 0 5dr, 2 2dr, 3 ST, 6 ateca

RxNb1i

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.