infra red locking

woody1986

mad as a box of frogs
Oct 21, 2008
Derbyshire
Is there anyway of changing the infra red locking system to the radio frequency type?

The reason i ask is because it looks cheaper to do this (if it just plugs in) rather than pay £150 for a new infra red key. i can get the controller for £45 and i have a key i brought by mistake ages ago!

i was thinking of buying the radio frequency controller and plugging it in in place of the infra red in the mirror (obviously the new controller wouldnt go in the mirror!!)is this possible or are the wiring looms different?

any help would be appreciated.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
£150 for a new infa red key ?? hmmm what's actually wrong or needed firstly

mind you if you want to do the whole job on the cheap one option would be to fit a cheap after market remote locking kit instead

woody1986

mad as a box of frogs
Oct 21, 2008
Derbyshire
when i got the car it never had the infra red key so just wanna get the remote side of the locking working really but cant justify the price of the key!!
i do have an aftermarket remote kit but cant figure out the wiring diagram!!

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i get ya now sorry.

is the pnematic locking working manually at the moment ?

from memory there is only 3 wires to the pump in the rear 1/4 so it should be easy enough to figure out what ya need to wire and where, i'll try and find the thread with the wiring diagram.

scan up the diagram you have and let's see if we can figure it out for ya

woody1986

mad as a box of frogs
Oct 21, 2008
Derbyshire
yeah the locks work normally.
here are the pics sorry they not scanned my scanner playing silly buggers at the mo so had to take phots with my phone!!

Photo0179.jpg

Photo0180.jpg

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
firstly make sure doors lock from both sides of the car/ i.e. if you lock the passenger door will the drivers lock close too, if they do then great

looking at it from using the door lock switch as the trigger as i can't see how it would run both ways on the pump wiring direct sadly

1) Orange - to orange/black 4
2) White - door wire (cut between 2/5)
3) Yellow - earth/ground
4) Orange/Black - to orange 1
5) Black/White - door wire (cut between 2/5)
6) Black/Yellow - +12v

7) Blue - +12v to parking lights (i'm assuming indicators?)
8) Red - Battery +12v
9) Black - Battery -12v (ground)
10) Pink - Trunk Release +12v (not reqd but could be useful if button activated)

-) setting dependant on
+) where the spare output is used

1)3.5 secs (be too long for standard as i'm pretty sure it)
2)0.5 secs ( kicks off until full pressure anyway so 0.5sec be best bet)

that's how i see but always slap test anything like that together loose to make sure it works right first before you go running in a full install

woody1986

mad as a box of frogs
Oct 21, 2008
Derbyshire
locks work from both sides.

i take it that the orange/black4 and so on is on the central locking pump harness?
and what you mean by cut 2/5?

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
looking at the diagram you connect the white(2) and black/white(5) to the door signal wire then cut between the 2 connections adding the locking ecu in series as it were

woody1986

mad as a box of frogs
Oct 21, 2008
Derbyshire
i just got the door card off and looking at the haynes manual and the plug for door switch i can plug 2 in on side and 5 in the other making a open and close circuit. does that sound right to you?

woody1986

mad as a box of frogs
Oct 21, 2008
Derbyshire
i sussed it out yesterday mate.
the door triggers are positive and the two yellow wire have to be connected to the live wire on the trigger then the white wires on the open and close part of the trigger the two orange ones were making the doors lock and unlock constantly so i disconnected the orange wires and it worked fine just got to hard wire it in now but need to extend a few wires to put it in the position i want!!

thanks for all your help it is very much appreciated.:cheers:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
top job - the diagram appears to show them connected albeit a litle vague but glad to see ya sorted it though

i didnt mention it before to save confusion but do you have a seperate button for the trunk release because if it's a 12v output it could be used for any manner of things ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise