injector seals BAM

mattyholmz89

Feb 8, 2011
Huddersfield
Good morning one and all, fun times at Huddersfield seat this morning. stupidly the other day I decided to order myself 8 injector seals from seat. Now they're usually alright when it comes to ordering parts. Picked them up yesterday took off my injectors and fitted new seals only to the bottom of the injectors noticing there's a distinct difference between the ones I took off (chunky ones) and the ones I fitted (thin ones) thought to myself this can't be right.

Phoned and they confirmed there used to be a different part number but now there's only one number (the thin ones) thought what the hell they probably know more than the average door mat... fitted (like a bell end) car idles at 1400rpm engine management light has just flashed up (will grab the code but im suspecting unmetered air entering intake) went to seat who were polite in refusing a refund and telling me they can't get me the right ones and then accused me of fitting aftermarket injectors...

Finally managed to get a refund on the 4 I refused to fit. but still pretty pissed that they can't get the fatter seals. Gonna speak to dave at seremotors and hope he maybe able to shed some light onto my somewhat glorious experience! MeanWhile does anyone have a clue as to why I can't get the fatter seals and seat are telling me the only ones available are the thin ones? Will attach picture to compare!

mattyholmz89

Feb 8, 2011
Huddersfield
Funny this actually popped up 6 error codes... misfires on cylinders 1 2 and 3 although I never felt it miss multiple missfire code idle control code along with bank 1 system too lean... as suspected all to do with the seals seat gave me... to add insult to injury the parts guy went and grabbed someone from the workshop who then claimed that because I was changing the seals then it's my car that's broken... I kindly replied saying I'm replacing the seals because there's a slight build up of black grime and he said... This really made me laugh... wait for it... "Black gunk around the injectors on a petrol engine, no mate I don't think so on a diesel maybe" wow... This is someone they employ to fix their cars...

Anyway to the point cleaned my old seals up checked them over and slipped them back on cleared fault codes and guess what... no faults and it's just as it was prior to this whole facade.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.