Inlet manifold and egr removal!

May 22, 2009
South Wales
Hey i am just wondering if it is hard to remove the inlet manifold! i am thinking abouteither polishing it or spraying it black!

i am going to clean the egr @ the same time - it is just worth getting a removal kit? do i need to get it mapped in or can i do it thru VAGCOM?
cheers

karizma_fas

ICE ICE BABY!
Feb 27, 2009
Central Scotland
Dnt know bout the manifold, but the EGR is easy to remove, however the bolts are in the most awkward of places. Use a blanking plate (piece of metal cut to suit will do) and 'blank it' between the EGR and the pipe connecting on the underside of the EGR.

May 22, 2009
South Wales
cheers mate! we took the manifold of when the turbo was replaced,think it would look cool in black or even polished. wat about the Engine management light! would it come on or do i need to map it out?

davidmills2002

Jul 14, 2008
Buntingford, Hertfordshire
I took both of these off a week ago. They're easy to remove aprt from the awkward located bolts. 5 on the EGR and 8 on the inlet manifold. You need a good allen key set with 5 and 6mm bits. Preferably with ball ends as well as makes it a bit easier.

d.kenny

i cut my hands to sh!t doing this the other day...i think if you can get in from underneath it is a lot easier just dont be lazy ha ha

May 22, 2009
South Wales
going to have a bash at mine the end of the week! prob going to sort my headlining, and spray my manifold and do the egr! will have the car off the road for a few days! lucky i got my disco!!

IMG00072-20100128-1511.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.