inlet manifold vac pipes

l.e.star

Feb 8, 2009
leicester
one of the vac pipes coming off the inlet manifold has split and idle is really bad. looking at the manifold its the one thats second from the left just behind the dipstick that connects to a juction of pipes under the right hand side of the manifold. the stealers dont sell the pipe separately but only sell it as a complete unit wich is 50 quid. ive spoken to another mechanic who says that im better off cutting the pipe and joining on a new peice of pipe.
can anyone tell me what size pipe this is? looks like 8mm but want to be sure? also does anyone know how easy this would be to do as there a black plate infront of the manifold that needs to come off and theres not much space to work around??????
this is on a 1.8t cupra auq engine by the way.

Last edited:

l.e.star

Feb 8, 2009
leicester
defitnetley getting silicone hose for it. i know the fpr and dv line are 4mm its just the other 2 lines on the left hand side of the inlet manifold dont kno if there 6mm or 8mm???

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Not come across any 6mm on LCR but there is lots of 8mm though
DV to N249 if still connected is actually 5mm but 4mm ok to use

l.e.star

Feb 8, 2009
leicester
Seat Farnham sold me that pipe separately, I think you're being told porky pies. Mind you it was still about 30 odd quid!

thats what i thought as it connects to a juction and to the suction pump. well just ordered some 8mm blue vac pipe hopefully and can join it and do the pipes coming of the coolant bottle if there the same size too.
hopefully the pipe is 8mm and not any smaller any idea roughly on the that pipe size????

muks11

Oct 30, 2007
Leicester
Hi,
I just changed mine today as it had a massive tear in it. If I'm talking about the right then its 9.5mm on one end and 12.5 on the other. Hose Part number probably fitted to the car is 06A 103 221 AF but this has been superseeded with 06A 103 221 BK. I phoned Seat and they were asking £15 for it but then rang Audi and VW and VW had one in stock and it was a quid cheaper.

l.e.star

Feb 8, 2009
leicester
well finally goy it sorted i cut out the old ripped peice of pipe and replaced and joined it with some 8mm silicone the revs have settled to there normal point and for some reason the gear changes feel a bit smoother. thanks for those pipe sizes tho muks11 i will keep them for future ref. does anyone know if the em light will go out automatically now or will i have to get it reset/disconnect battery

muks11

Oct 30, 2007
Leicester
no probs l.e.star. My light is still showing after I replaced the hose. I've not had it reset yet but planning on doing it next week. I have a friend in leicester who can reset the light for. I'm not sure how much he will charge. PM me if you want it doing.

l.e.star

Feb 8, 2009
leicester
no probs l.e.star. My light is still showing after I replaced the hose. I've not had it reset yet but planning on doing it next week. I have a friend in leicester who can reset the light for. I'm not sure how much he will charge. PM me if you want it doing.

nice one for that mate all sorted tho now it went off by itself and so far has been off for a couple of days.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members