Installing Cold Air Feed - LCR - HELP!

JamJay

California Bound
Hi all, in desperate need of help.

I have removed the two plastic covers from above the back of the headlamp that direct air to a corner piece that goes around the battery. This corner piece then connects to a plastic hose that directs air to the air filter.

I cannot get this damn corner piece out! It is held in by 2 clips just under where the slam panel meets the wing, I have pulled these out but it appears connected somewhere else nera the bottom, how the heck to I get it out?

Image161-1.jpg

dg-1984

May 28, 2008
Glasgow'ish
It took me a while to get it out and eventually I just snapped it out, I think it is connected lower down behind the light and I couldn't see how to remove it easily so I just used brute force and anger and it worked, just watch your arms hands, prob easier to remove the battery and give you some space to get at it.

JamJay

California Bound
Lol. Thanks DG.

I don't want to break it really in case my plan doesn't work and I need to put back to OEM.

There has to be a clip or something that i'm missing?

I am right in saying that 3" is the correct size for this ducting, it looks quite large now I have it sitting in from of me. Sure it's not 2.5" I should have gone for?

If I can't get this thing out, I might have to send the 3" back and get some 2" to feed into the corner piece but that won't really help much. After removing all of this plastic, I can see just how useless the OEM ducting is, holes everwhere and no smooth path for the airflow at all.

dg-1984

May 28, 2008
Glasgow'ish
Brute force and ignorance maybe?

Dg where is glasgowish?

Hi, not far from hamilton and eastkilbride, work in Ek.

do you know of any good Seat garages or any other garages for servicing etc, trying to find a good one from anyone that has experince.

dg-1984

May 28, 2008
Glasgow'ish
The 3" fits nice and tight, I wouldn't worry about putting it back to standard its not obvious when its done.
Remove the battery and might be able to remove without braking it.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
it is a plastic rivet that you can't see thats still holding it in - the only way to get it out is to break it!

Becks

ExtremeBlue&CandyWhite
Apr 22, 2007
Blantyre
www.facebook.com
Hi, not far from hamilton and eastkilbride, work in Ek.

do you know of any good Seat garages or any other garages for servicing etc, trying to find a good one from anyone that has experince.

Not far from Hamilton?

I'm in Blantyre,

Aye the one in uddingston, keith works there he is off here too.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Jay snap it mate, if you want to run a bigger feed it's got to go .
I think the only other way to get it out is to take the bumper off.

JamJay

California Bound
:cry:

Ok, snap I shall. I'll do it tomorrow and see what happens although I might cut it so at least I can control where the break is, then superglue it back if I ever need to.

The new ducting looks lovely, can't wait to get it in but it's 2ply so it'll take some force.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
No need to snap or butcher anything. Remove bumper, remove headlight, remove plastic obstructions. Bumper removal is easy on your own when you remove the plastic wheel arches and unbolt the bumper from the slides. Much easier to deal with cold feeds with the bumper off.

JamJay

California Bound
I wouldn't have the 1st clue how to remove the bumper at all. I understand that this would be a good idea when running the feed down into the foglamp/intercooler chamber but I'd not do that unless I was doing FMIC and in that case, i'd install the feed at the same time I think. I want to do the convensional bend round the battery job for the time being.

I am thinking I could cut along the bracket that's holding this ducting to the bumper, remove the necessary part that's blocking the new feed and then if I need to revert back to OEM, I could glue the 2-pieces together and get away with it. Not sure if this will work yet though...

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
JJ, i fitted a 3" air feed on mine yesterday.

It fits perfectly, and the fog light hole is the perfect size for the feed!

See my thread for pics. (link in sig below)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members