Instrument panel illumination

tricky76

Nov 26, 2014
Hi All

First time post for me. I have a white 2011 Seat Ibiza 2.0TDI FR 5dr. Recently the light behind the rev counter needle started flickering and then eventually died. Does anyone know how to change the light and what kind of bulb it is?

I have searched the internet for instructions on how to remove the instrument panel but so far come up with nothing. I know that many of you 'tinker' with your cars so should be able to point me in the right direction. I could take it to a garage but it seems like such a small job that I would give it a go myself in the first instance.

If anyone has a step-by-step guide or a video it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help in advance.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Hi All

First time post for me. I have a white 2011 Seat Ibiza 2.0TDI FR 5dr. Recently the light behind the rev counter needle started flickering and then eventually died. Does anyone know how to change the light and what kind of bulb it is?

I have searched the internet for instructions on how to remove the instrument panel but so far come up with nothing. I know that many of you 'tinker' with your cars so should be able to point me in the right direction. I could take it to a garage but it seems like such a small job that I would give it a go myself in the first instance.

If anyone has a step-by-step guide or a video it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Never done the bulbs but the instrument panel is easy to remove.

Put steering wheel in it's lowest position
Starting at the bottom of the surround - pull until it is loose - then remove it.
Remove 4 torx screws and the instruments can be pulled forwards
Unplug the connector and the instruments can be removed.

cupra_conal

Oct 6, 2014
Hi All

Hi my rev counter needle does this occassionally and last night when i was driving i noticed that all the interior panel lights went dim and then bright thwn dim then bright again as if i turned the brightness down then up again....bit i have the brightness set on the lowest anyway have you experienced this too or not? And have you fixed the problem now was it easy to do?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Hi my rev counter needle does this occassionally and last night when i was driving i noticed that all the interior panel lights went dim and then bright thwn dim then bright again as if i turned the brightness down then up again....bit i have the brightness set on the lowest anyway have you experienced this too or not? And have you fixed the problem now was it easy to do?

Try moving the instrument brightness adjuster from min to max and back a few times.

Sometimes the contacts can get a little corroded and all it needs is the button moving passed the area a few times to clean it up

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise