insurance costs

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
leon FR 57 - 30 yrs old with 2 yrs ncb.

2 accidents - 1 not my fault and the other partial blame even though it wasn't my fault due to a lady deciding to cross into my lane and go head into to me and then lying through her teeth that it was my fault.

3 points

cost = £2100 + 750 xs :( If I have to pay the same this year then im selling the car as cant afford it.

That is definately due to living in a High Risk area by the looks of it, thats outrageous. At 25 I could have a Nissan GTR for less than that

jmc1976

Jan 8, 2013
wakefield, west yorks
leon FR 57 - 30 yrs old with 2 yrs ncb.

2 accidents - 1 not my fault and the other partial blame even though it wasn't my fault due to a lady deciding to cross into my lane and go head into to me and then lying through her teeth that it was my fault.

3 points

cost = £2100 + 750 xs :( If I have to pay the same this year then im selling the car as cant afford it.

:-o that sounds well over the top even with a couple of bumps , surely you will get quoted better this year , good luck

cp1

:-o that sounds well over the top even with a couple of bumps , surely you will get quoted better this year , good luck

I don't think the crashes have much to do with it personally, my area is officially classed as deprived (no wonder with these insurance premiums :)) so is high risk... I didn't even declare the modifications (btcc, etc) as after I entered that into Confused.com it came to just above 4k... I could have got it down to £1400 with a few companies that want £3000 xs + who don't offer a NCB but that seemed too risky

But doesn't seem fair that all the posh areas with the well off people get cheaper quotes and the ones in the less well off area, with less money get shafted :cry: moan over

Pedestrian

Feb 16, 2012
Sandbach, Cheshire, North West
I don't think the crashes have much to do with it personally, my area is officially classed as deprived (no wonder with these insurance premiums :)) so is high risk... I didn't even declare the modifications (btcc, etc) as after I entered that into Confused.com it came to just above 4k... I could have got it down to £1400 with a few companies that want £3000 xs + who don't offer a NCB but that seemed too risky

But doesn't seem fair that all the posh areas with the well off people get cheaper quotes and the ones in the less well off area, with less money get shafted :cry: moan over

If the car comes with the BTCC kit on, that isn't a modification since it's factory fitted? Unless you paid the massive price to get it after market fitted?

I was 21, £1.3k on a 170TDi but had a no claim bump previously (the guy told his insurance [:@]). Not bad, should be about £700 when its renewed.

Cupra R Matt

Moody grey 300!
Mar 4, 2012
Chesterfield
I'm 35, full protected NCB, fully comp, 3 points for speeding, S40 postcode and for my LCR (mods declared) i'm paying £500 but with a £1000 excess otherwise it'd be quite a bit more.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members