Intake After Stage 1

fyfe9

Lurker
Jan 30, 2007
Aberdeen
First off, sorry for another thread about installing an intake after a remap. I've had a search but haven't seen anything about my query.

Having read a recent thread about installing an intake with stage 1 revo I am a little confused. I've been told that when you put in an intake to disconnect the battery and re-connect it once installed. I'm also aware with the TFSI engine disconnecting the battery will reset the revo settings?

Is there a common way around this or am I way off the mark and speaking total guff!?! :shrug:

FYI I don't have either an intake or remap yet but this is for my future knowledge, I don't know much about engines but trying to learn.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Come along to the local meet and you will learn everything you need to know ;)

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
What if you don't have a switch? Are you back to the standard 240bhp seat map?

Yep if the battery is disconnected after 5 or so minutes the Revo settings will be lost and the map will revert back to the standard parameters. A select switch will be needed to reset the Revo settings otherwise a trip to your local Revo dealer is required.

I don't think its necessary to remove the battery anyway. I've had my ITG on and off numerous times without having to remove the battery. The only reason i can think of for disconnecting the battery would be to reset the ECU to allow the car to adapt more quickly to the ITG.

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
Assume providing you can demonstrate you purchased revo, and it sets back to stock 240 it doesnt cost you to have it put back on again? (or maybe a nominal admin fee)

Just curious as yhis is the type of stupid thing I would do, discon the battery and then wonder where all the power has gone!

fyfe9

Lurker
Jan 30, 2007
Aberdeen
Thanks for all the feedback guys, just got to get a remap now then onto the rest of the mods ;)

I will def try to get along to a meet to ask more stupid questions :whistle:

dmkay_80

Mar 23, 2010
Durham
Yep if the battery is disconnected after 5 or so minutes the Revo settings will be lost and the map will revert back to the standard parameters. A select switch will be needed to reset the Revo settings otherwise a trip to your local Revo dealer is required.

I don't think its necessary to remove the battery anyway. I've had my ITG on and off numerous times without having to remove the battery. The only reason i can think of for disconnecting the battery would be to reset the ECU to allow the car to adapt more quickly to the ITG.

So do all maps do this or just REVO? Ill be getting a map on mine in a month or two & this would be something that might sway me as to which map to go for.

dmkay_80

Mar 23, 2010
Durham
After speaking to my nearest REVO dealer today im even more confused. He said that it wouldnt turn off the map but then said i would be able to switch it back on. :confused:

dmkay_80

Mar 23, 2010
Durham
That one minute hes saying the map will still be on but then a bit later he said it could be turned back on with the switch thing. Why would i need to turn it back on if its still on?

rudgey

Mk2 Leon TFSI Sport '06
Jul 2, 2008
near Midland VW ;)
Revo is adjustable on tfsi (and most other petrol units i believe), if you disconnect the battery these adjustments will be 'lost' all you have to do is dial in the settings again tho!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.