intake temps

carlisle pete

Mar 25, 2006
right as a few of you will know there has been an issue with my fmic restricting the power of my IHI.. me and cupra_matt done a few logs the other day and on full chat temps were rising to around 52 where as matts on GT2X doesnt budge past 32... you think a biger more free flowing cooler would solve the problem??? opinions welcome as im not that mechanically minded...:)

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
just add a charge ooler on and keep the forge!?

maybe worth a thought

doent matt have auqamist tho?

HoocH

carlisle pete

Mar 25, 2006
forge one mate direct off forge. i cnt remember if matts temps were with his aquamist or befor he fitted it! does 52 sound quite high to you lot?

Steve GTI

Feb 26, 2007
I wouldn't of thought a bigger intercooler is the best option, surely there are other cheaper ways of lowering the intake temps?

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
water injection would be perfect.
I normally see intake temps of 18-22 degrees with water injection fitted.

without it my intake temps were 30-35+ degrees

pdcupra

Ibiza-less
Aug 11, 2006
King's Lynn
dont tell him a bigger intercooler isnt the way - im planning on buying it at the end of the month! surely jabba who fitted the kit could give you advice?

Steve GTI

Feb 26, 2007
ok pdcupra. Bigger intercooler is the best way, then if it's not low enough get spray!

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
All depends on what the problem with the forge intercooler is or why its not up to the job of a ihi ibiza.
If its flowing fine then i would just add water injection
But if the problem lies with the airflow of the cooler then it might be time for a better flowing one

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
pete, there is mention of a GB on the jabba one, im looking to get this also, maybe you should keep an eye open for that! 25% discount

how much is our forge's worth 2nd hand ?

i think the jabba one is the way to go on BT tho

than get charge cooler AND spray :)

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
wait a mo fellas, bill brockbank used his stock side mount for a while on his ihi so in comparison the forge cant be that bad, if the air is rushing through so fast its not the fmics fault, the more you open the diameters of the piping etc the more pressure drop you will suffer, its not going to be worth the change.
Some sort of spray is going to work better.

carlisle pete

Mar 25, 2006
well the thing is i spoke to forge and they told me on the phone that their fmic was only ever designed for remapped cupra's ie revo stage 1 etc.. not for BT's!! and said it probly is to do with the flow of it. so jabba one could be best option c how that fairs up then get water injection for the summer months aswell!

cupra_matt

Audi Technician
Dec 15, 2004
Carlisle
Pete, i saw 57 degrees on yours the other night.

Mine didn't go above 32 Degrees the night i logged it, that was before aquamist was fitted.

Pete, be happy with ya car for a while cause it si silly fast enough, you looney.

beattie17

Apr 12, 2005
Perth
well the thing is i spoke to forge and they told me on the phone that their fmic was only ever designed for remapped cupra's ie revo stage 1 etc.. not for BT's!! and said it probly is to do with the flow of it. so jabba one could be best option c how that fairs up then get water injection for the summer months aswell!

I agree with every1 else, buy the jabba intercooler its a gorgeous bit of kit and would look spot on behind your front bumper.

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Trust me from your power results don't bother changing your not going to get any more seems thats the limits for Jabba at the moment as a lot of their cars are leaving with 323bhp. Fit Aquamist if need be....

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.