intercooler ... again!

bla1n3

Nov 14, 2008
Ipswich
Hello people sorry for the intercooler thread again, i HAVE done a good search and sieved through all the threads on this just a little bit confusing tbh on which one to go for, yes of course ideally everyone would like a forge FMIC but for the price they are i cant really afford that right now.

Im currently running Revo remapped, stainless custom exhaust and Green cotton induction at about 212 Bhp and looking to upgrade the intercooler too.

like i say looking at the threads which one do i go for, iv seen the Universal intercoolers on the website and things that looks pretty good sits very neatly in the Cupra front bumper, not to sure on all these Vagcom Logs tho what im to look for how beneficial this universal one is. ?

also theres another iv seen on ebay, looks pretty much the same as the universal intercooler, just wandered if anyone is running this one and if its anygood, i know u get what u pay for, but sometimes it doesnt always work like that

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Alloy-Univer...iza-Turbo_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ140308185427

any help and info on this would be greatly appreciated thanks :)

Mat

depends what sort of power you're aiming for. I think the uni one will be good for about 250, maybe some more. With the Forge one you get the added bonus of lifetime warrenty!

You considered the laguna one? Myki had that on his

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
your not going to be able to achieve 250-270bhp without going hybrid or somthing i had a look at the uni one on the bay aswell but your other options are forge do a uni type cooler thats about £230 not including pipe work altho i think they need a fair bit off the bumper to fit...or charge cooler ive been looking at recently pace do one which works well although ive seen on there site they do custom coolers so going to have a look at what they can sort out at what price...

bla1n3

Nov 14, 2008
Ipswich
surely stage 2 will push that wont it? ok mate cool, ul have to keep us informed on the custom coolers on the site you know, any opinions on the ebay one or is that a no-go?

Mat

stage 2 on what turbo?

will need hybrid to see above 250 mate

k03s is good for a safe 240 if that's what your thinking. please don't start some crap about 250 is ok, or even 300 as Ian_Cupra and others will shoot you down in an instant

bla1n3

Nov 14, 2008
Ipswich
and i dont wana get gunned down now do i ..

standard turbo mate, so turbo would need a good upgrade too then to see at lease 240 ?

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
loosing the will to live i swear!
you clearly havnt done a good search because all this has been covered time after time after time! they even say ive done a good search or ive searched! its as if you have copied and pasted an old thread!

just buy what ever you have the money for and you feel how much an intercooler is worth to you!

please people let this topic r.i.p!

and your need a bigger turbo for the power your looking for! thats also been covered 1000 times already!

bla1n3

Nov 14, 2008
Ipswich
look mate, if everyone was to use the search button n spend all day hunting for something they aint to clear about n maybe what the threads they do find doesnt clear that up, if everyone was told to do that no one would post, therefor this forum would never get used! then ud have to resort to polishing ur trumpet TWICE a day!

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Dont take it the wrong way bla1n3, just people that have been on here for a while get sick of people posting the same thing week after week. The search button holds so much info, granted some times topics are not anwsered properly, but most of them are, and fmic's have been done to death!!

bla1n3

Nov 14, 2008
Ipswich
like i say tho i did search and was still a lil confused on which one, logs and all that jazz, aint that what a forums for, didnt really understand that so asked for a bit more advice, not the whole ' search buton bla bla bla'

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
what u go for depends on what power you want to run and how deep your pocket it simple as that... the standard turbo will give about 210 max thats about it to give 250+ you will need hybrid...the uni cooler is OK for stage one only i would of said as a upgrade over the smic some people have run it on here with no problems.....MAT i thought the k03s was good only for about 240 being that the usual outcome was 230-240bhp..??

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
uni coolers are ok mate, ive got one and done a guide on how to fit one, ive had problems with hoses popping off as the clips are utter poo! but apart from that their ok.

i have now gone forge route and when it arrives im going to do a review of the two to hopefully try and settle all this.

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
personly i think your just bein very lazy! the questions have been asked soo many times! you know this as well judging by the title of the thread! you know this has been asked before im im sure you know peaple are gettin bord of talk/arguing about what intercooler is better!there is sooo much info from logs prices to fitting guides and advice on how to try and get the forge one cheaper!

also a little research into your car would of told you how much power you can push with what turbo!
your smoking something if you think your goin to get the power you were expecting out of your standard turbo! again its all been covered before tho!

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise