intercooler ... again!

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
yee il have a gander...is it going to be with all pipework etc...pm me when you no what you want and when your ready...

cuprachrissy

the intercooler you posted is the one i have and i run ko3s, all good in the hood!

Mat

MAT i thought the k03s was good only for about 240 being that the usual outcome was 230-240bhp..??

It is, I put you COULD get 250 from it, but it probably wouldn't last long TBH! Which is why I say 250 MAX really...

and yes, standard is good for 210. Maybe a tad more. RR may show slight differences depending on day/weather/heat etc etc

Mat

like i say tho i did search and was still a lil confused on which one, logs and all that jazz, aint that what a forums for, didnt really understand that so asked for a bit more advice, not the whole ' search buton bla bla bla'

ignore the logs and ****! Even I don't understand what the hell they're about!

Right, you will have a k03 as standard. This will be good for 210bhp, possibly 215-220 (depends on RR readout).

If you're looking for around the 250 mark, you will need a k03s. These can be picked up quite cheaply, and a Uni Intercooler should be ok for that kind of power. Downside is you may have to trim some of the bumper away. Upside is it's cheap (you get what you pay for). You would get a reliable and safe 240bhp from a k03s. Anything more will seriously risk blowing the turbo or shortening it's life.

If you want 250+ you will be looking at getting a Hybrid turbo. The amount of money you're goin to spend getting that, you might as well go down the Forge route and have a more reliable/reputable FMIC

Hope that has helped answer any doubts/questions you may have had....

Feel free to ask more. Oh, and don't be scared in dragging up old threads :D

Mat

:thumbup:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.