Intercooler silicon piping

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Upon inspection of my intercooling pipework under my car the other day i found that the orginal pipe/hoses are not holding very well to the boost, and in that (especially on the base connection with the intercooler) black oil is spraying out of them at high pressure..
Well i have searched into changing the pipes in the engine bay to more uprated functional and visual ones....:D
Found a few bits and pieces about what people replaced and what clips they used, now i know its abit cheeky but i was wondering if some one could tell me which pipes and bends they used in the engine bay to replace the OEM parts?
Especially any of those with 150pd's but 130pd's can alsopost up as i guess it will be a good topic for 130pd owners to know the shopping list of bends and diameters and lengths!
I know a few have use Murry clips but some more mentalist, no pointing fingers *cough cough* utopia, have use marine grade clamps, any info onto what they used would be grateful for myself and any other TDi owner looking to replace them.

Thanks for your info in advance!

AlanR

Had a similar issue with oil pi**ing out all over the place under the car on mine. Thought it was normal to have a little splattering, so I decided to have really good service on the pipework (I was actually replacing my SMIC with a FMIC and associated pipework) and this is what i found

Its the sealing ring from the angle pipe exiting the air compressor side of the turbo
IMG_9546.jpg

:-o and as you can see its a bit knackered and hence why it was leaking oil, pretty sure I was loosing a wodge of power, now with a replacement i can hear the turbo spinning up harder.

As for replacing the OE pipes with aftermarket items take off your current pipes and have a look here www.siliconhoses.com and pick out the shapes and sizes you need, you will also require some alloy connectors that will insert into the intercooler and into the intake area, however these still require the horse shoe clamps (see Forge for these), personally I'd check and or replace the rubber seals on all joints, really can't see you'd be producing enough boost to cause leaks, unless you are unlucky !!

sorry can't give you more pointers on the pipe sizes and shapes because mine will be different to yours.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
On that note Mikey, on that kit, they send a EGR bi-pass pipe, i guess this throws up a fault code on the Vag Com, can htis jsut be removed and then expect it to never return, or will it fault every time i start the engine and the ECU searches for the EGR valve and its not there?

timbotdi

Oct 18, 2006
The fault can be cleared permanently - I don't know for sure, but I would assume through VAGCom.

T