Intercooler

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Today i stripped the front end off and took the old crappy intercoolers off, recently the cat had a new turbo before i aqquired it and theres alot of oil in the intake, and especially the intercoolers. They dont look healthy either so if i put a FMIC on while im doing the engine work, will it affect stock fueling?

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Oh yeh get it now lol, anbody know the answer?

map sensor (mass air pressure) is after the intercoolers so it will correct for fuelling. Fitting a front mount on mine a month or so ago, hold another psi of boost at the red line now; thinking less pressure drop across the coolers and lower temp are the reasons for this.

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
indeed.. stock position is pretty poor! FMIC is the way forward, don't go thicker than 75mm core as you will have issues fitting it behind the crash bar. 300mm tall and 450mm wide I've got, but if I were doing it again would try 300x600mm :)

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Im only going to use a small/medium cooler for now untill im running more boost then i will get a bigger one to compensate.

SeatLeonCupraRIntercoolerkit.jpg

Maybe a little longer :)

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
i dont see the point in a huge cooler for stock boost as there isnt the pressure to move it efficently enough through the core, as there would be running high boost. I will only go stage one max anyway.

jamiebennett81

i dont see the point in a huge cooler for stock boost as there isnt the pressure to move it efficently enough through the core, as there would be running high boost. I will only go stage one max anyway.

not true....

I ran a massive Pro Alloy FMIC on a stock k03s (not mapped) and it was fine (running it on my k03 hybrid now)

In my case I experience an ever so slight pressure drop (some others done), but a big improvement in boost being held up the rev range

I would order a large FMIC kit, its not overkill and will do the job fine

however a medium size cooler will be fine. The key aspect here if you will just be doing a stg1/2 setup is the end tanks and pipework - make sure they are not restrictive to ensure a good flow in air and keeping the intake temps down

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
you can do it DIY a lot cheaper than that ebay kit just so you know :) mine cost £180 all told..

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.