Ipod connection

bundy1981

Oct 16, 2008
I'm picking up my new ibiza 1.4 sport on Sat. Does anyone know what cable you need to connect your i-pod into the aux ? If anyone has prices etc that would be good !

Cheers

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
The dealer should have it. I think it is called a denison gateway or something like that. Could be wrong hehehehehehhe

Dec 3, 2009
I'm picking up my new ibiza 1.4 sport on Sat. Does anyone know what cable you need to connect your i-pod into the aux ? If anyone has prices etc that would be good !

Cheers

well you need 3.5mm audio cable! basically the ones like the ear phones but both ends are 3.5mm! sorted! get them at ASDA or TESCOS for like £1 or £2.

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset
if you pick up an ipod dock on fleabay for a few quid, stick that in the cup holder, plug in that 3.5 jack lead & you have a stand for it too, thats was my plan:D

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
If you have taken the aux/usb in cup holder option does it not come with a holder for the i-pod???!!!!

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset
I thought Bundy was refering to the std aux socket (ear phone jack) not the optional Aux/usb thingie, me being tight didn't pay out for the usb :shrug:

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
If you have taken the aux/usb in cup holder option does it not come with a holder for the i-pod???!!!!

Unfortunately it doesn't, if you do specify the aux/usb option, it wont come with an iPod holder or infact anyway to connect an iPod - thats another £60-£70 from the dealer and looks like this:

6J0051700.jpg

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset
Unfortunately it doesn't, if you do specify the aux/usb option, it wont come with an iPod holder or infact anyway to connect an iPod - thats another £60-£70 from the dealer and looks like this:

6J0051700.jpg

ohh ouch, thats a little on the sttep side...But I guess you get proper control of the ipod from the wheel controls??

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
ohh ouch, thats a little on the sttep side...But I guess you get proper control of the ipod from the wheel controls??

Yeh - you get track names on the head unit and the ability to pick albums, artists and playlists from the steering wheel controls, so it's a proper piece of kit. I also like the way that when you remove the dock - your left with a usb socket for memory sticks full of music or an aux in for any other devices.

So it is a pretty complete solution compared to other systems which are usually a compromise or iPod or aux/usb but never both.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
So exactly what do you get then if you choose that option in the extras? It feels like you're giving them some money for nothing then. What is that all about, I know they told me it would be like 80 quid for me to get full functionality but I am sure they said there would be a USB or AUX jack at least. I am now confused.

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset
I think they come with an earphone jack, this will allow you to just plug in an ipod & any control of songs will be via the ipod. With the additional aux/usb socket you can plug in your ipod & it'll work much the same as a CD auto changer would, plus you should be able to plug in a usb stick with mp3s on it & run it in the same way.

At least thats how I understand it.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
I think they come with an earphone jack, this will allow you to just plug in an ipod & any control of songs will be via the ipod. With the additional aux/usb socket you can plug in your ipod & it'll work much the same as a CD auto changer would, plus you should be able to plug in a usb stick with mp3s on it & run it in the same way.

At least thats how I understand it.

Yep so if you order the USB/Aux thats in the brochure you get a usb socket, and an aux in (earphone jack) This allows you to put mp3's on a memory stick and play them through the headunit, or plug an mp3 player/ipod in with aux cable.

The extra dock is only needed if you want to charge the ipod and control it from the headunit/steering wheel controls.

If you don't order any extras then you just get an aux in socket.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members