Irattic Fuel consumption 2.00Tdi'S

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Had mine in for poor fuel consumption no fault found x 2 now beeing called back for a possible leakage through the tandem fuel pump to sump!!This unit is fitted to the tdi cylinder head - will let you know the outcome .
Seals have to stand 7.5bar min

MartH

Jul 18, 2006
Cullompton, Devon
I have to say my has been very erratic recently one minute its in the high 40's and next time out, same road and conditions and im struggling to get 40....

JonoUK

Apr 29, 2007
North Yorkshire
Intresting.

had mine since monday evening.

465 miles on it now and just under 1/4 tank left :D

265 on mine I think. A bit over half left. Tells me I can do another 270... bet it's lying.

Yours is going damn good. I thought I'd be very lucky to get 450 out of mine for a full tank.

What kind of roads/trips are you taking it on?

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
265 on mine I think. A bit over half left. Tells me I can do another 270... bet it's lying.

Yours is going damn good. I thought I'd be very lucky to get 450 out of mine for a full tank.

Have to admit probably 400 of them is 50 - 90mph motorway M1 / M25 / A1 so that's probably why, but my old Avensis I had would of run out of diesel around 80 miles ago!!!

It'll be like that for most of its 75,000 mile life to be honest. (be a good purchase for someone though!)

JonoUK

Apr 29, 2007
North Yorkshire
I'm going to try A19/A1M/A59 tomorrow morning at about 5:30-6am, instead of the usual A19 all the way to York. I'll see if I can do any better. I'll probably just stick the cruise control on at 70 and see how it goes.

Today I averaged 46mpg on the way home, and that was lots of slowing down to about 20mph with idiots turning off at the last second and being stuck behind umpteen tractors for miles.

I would think a constant indicated 60/70 for most of the journey would be more economical than that?

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK

Eveb mines not that bad!! 460/480 - with 1/4 idicating I can do another 80 never happens tho!!
today over a 103 mile trip it actually went up to 44 this is a first, but on the way back it dropped down to 36 and same sort of speeds [ at one stage on a feathered throttle I seemed to lose ALL power and then it came back on??!! [the diesel clatter changed too]

Just had mine back from the stealers they managed 50mpg at 50-55 mph -this I have never achieved time will tell though. No fault codes logged re the injector noise.
They also let slip that they had UPDATED the ECU PARAMETERS??!! so it will be ineresting to see what happens over the next few weeks> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Last edited:

langy

Aug 9, 2006
I've done more than 15k in mine and am averaging 500+ miles on a tank. Admitidly it is all dualled A roads and motorways at rush hour :cry:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.