Is DCC self-adapting? Uhm…

Idrossizina

Sep 25, 2023
IMG_5717.jpeg

This abstract from the manual somehow states that the DCC automatically adapts itself to the driving situations. That means that dcc should be changing softness of the shock absorbers (for sure springs don’t change their settings) according to the behavior of the driver. In my experience this is not true, because when I set the DCC to the softest position, it stays there, regardless to my behavior of driving. More, the text somehow suggests that the setting is made wheel per wheel, or axle per axle. Otherwise it could not be true that it could improve alone grip on curves and turning capacity. In my experience dcc merely makes softer or harder shock absorbers, but it doesn’t continuously adapt itself.
what do you think?

Mar 22, 2022
The DCC will not be a single change for soft, medium and firm but will instead be a range of changes suited to the setting at the time. When its in the firm setting it will most likely have a higher amount of base damping but it will continually adjust about this point based on other inputs (speed, acc, swa etc).

'Continuously adapts' is not meant to mean it changes between soft, medium and firm, rather its small changes within the setting that's selected.

Idrossizina

Sep 25, 2023
Thank you for your clear explanation.
But frankly, do you really feel these changes you are talking about? Maybe it’s just because I‘m driving my car only since a few weeks but I don’t feel any special adaptations.

More, some talk regarding the fact that with harder settings the rolling of the car should be less evident. Again this is very hard to believe because shock absorbers are less effective on slow movements of the chassis, but mostly on the fastest one like potholes. Rolling behavior is more a spring and rolling bar matter…

?