is it worth modding my 1.4?

jpcibiza90

Oct 19, 2008
scarborough
i have a 1.4 100bhp 02reg red ibiza and do fancy doin stuff to it but iv had a few problems with it and was thinking shall i just save up for a bigger engine ibiza or i quite fancy the 1.8 polo gti turbo thingy.

but i was having a browse through ebay and i saw these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=400038397296

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=260050844416
and i thought that would look ****-hot! iv already fitted a strut brace and a k&n replacement filter so should i finish what i started? :shrug:

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I think it all depends what you have plans to do, it looks like you are interested in sorting the handling and styling more than the performance of the car so if that's the case stick with what you have, but I'd say if you are wanting any sort of performance gains you'd be best off with something that has a bigger engine as you won't be able to get much untapped power from what you have I don't think.

jpcibiza90

Oct 19, 2008
scarborough
plus im only 19 and my insurance would rape me if i got anythin faster i think, my cars only done 34k but iv got a feeling the gearbox is gona go soon because it whistles in 5th but iv got a nice 4 hour drive to do next friday which will be a good test for it! so if it sales through its next mot i recon its getting slammed on its arse ;)
on another note what do i have to do to be able to stick pics of my car on threads n stuff? just be a member for longer?

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
well im 18 and spent over £2500 modding my 1.2, and i think its money well spent lol, love my car and dont regret anythin i've done too it. at the end of the day im gonna keep this car for another couple of years at minimum i reckon, so would rather cruise in a really good looking 1.2 than a box standard 1.2, just my opinion tho

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
id stick with what youve got for now, the bigger engined ibizas are also heavier at the front end making the handling even worse! given the choice when it comes to change id be looking at the leon..

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
id stick with what youve got for now, the bigger engined ibizas are also heavier at the front end making the handling even worse! given the choice when it comes to change id be looking at the leon..

Only by about 100kg overall weight and they have better suspension and wheels anyway.

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
hey if you got the modding bug anything is possible, money allowing of course. Keep your licence clean, and a decent insurance track record and your premiums will go down. Keep in mind your got to declare those mods you're looking at right now.

jwilkinson

Oct 12, 2008
I say there's no reason not to mod it, unless your thinking of selling up in the near future.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
on another note what do i have to do to be able to stick pics of my car on threads n stuff? just be a member for longer?

You have to use a site like photobucket to host your pictures then link them from there, it can't be done directly from the forum.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.