Is Lane Keeping Assistant's "Take over steering" warning timeout 15 seconds or 60 seconds?

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Hi,

The Lane Keeping Assistant I have retrofitted drives the car for 60 seconds autonomously and keeps it in the lane, then warns me to take over the steering.
Then I make a small move on the steering wheel, warning goes off and it drives another 60 seconds and it goes like this.

However, I saw some videos of various VAG cars where that timeout duration is only 15 seconds.

Anybody knows what the cause of this difference is ?

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Hi,

The Lane Keeping Assistant I have retrofitted drives the car for 60 seconds autonomously and keeps it in the lane, then warns me to take over the steering.
Then I make a small move on the steering wheel, warning goes off and it drives another 60 seconds and it goes like this.

However, I saw some videos of various VAG cars where that timeout duration is only 15 seconds.

Anybody knows what the cause of this difference is ?

Answering my own question :

I gather that the official timeout duration is 15 seconds and there's a hack to extend it to 60 seconds.
And my retrofitter must have applied this hack on the camera they installed in my car.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise