Is there any OBD2 software for Win that shows boost/data/etc

cjhawker

Mar 23, 2009
Chester
Mo Arif - can you confirm that the Torque software WILL read boost on the 1.8T AUQ LC ?
I know people are having issues with the LCR but want to check it all works ok on the LC AUQ before spending £20 on a BT device

cheers

Mar 15, 2008
Hatfield, Herts
Also, hoping to find a willing volunteer at BTCC Brands Hatch on Sat or Sun to test my bluetooth adapter/phone against an LC to check if the MAP and Boost sensors work on it ... unless there's someone around Herts with a LC 180 AUQ that doesn't mind volunteering, just so I can cross off a problem with the BT adapter...

Mar 15, 2008
Hatfield, Herts
LCR reads boost from the OBD port, that's how vag-com logs are obtained ;)

Yep, been spending my afternoon doing a bit more digging.

The AUQ, AMK and BAM engines all report back to VAGCOM the boost using measuring blocks 115-3 and 115-4 (boost specified and boost actual) - however there's nothing I can see which says what actual ODB PID they map to - I'm guessing the LC ECU also reports the boost actual using either a known PID, or the MAP sensor value is then adjusted to suit.

I've confirmed using a few different ODB tools that on the LCR, the MAP sensor returns no data at all using the standard ODB parameters ...

So, all I need to do is work out the PID that 115-3 and 115-4 map to in ODB terms ...

cjhawker

Mar 23, 2009
Chester
checked with mo and he confirmed his dongle / torque software will NOT read boost on his AUQ engine, just thought i'd update you all with the feedback incase you were uncertain like i was.

cjhawker

Mar 23, 2009
Chester
i haven't got a dongle to test but am thinking of getting one in next few days so i pm'd mo who said it didn't read boost.

not sure if anything else didn't work sorry.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Any more info on this? Been thinking about gettin a cheapo bluetooth adaptor for my Desire HD and Torque but would really like to see a boost figure on it.

Can you log with Torque as well? What sort of sample rate can you get?

Thanks.

alien1974

Sep 10, 2010
hmmm might get one of those BT devices from fleebay, got a HTC Desire S to pair it to, just wondered if it read the boost on my 110bhp asv tdi toledo??