Is this a coilpack or something worse ???

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
Hello everyone.. Happy new year :thumbup:

Having a few more problems and hoped someone might be able to diagnose them for me.. A quick search has made me think i have a coilpack issue but want to ask for advice first!!

Basically car was quite a bit slower than it had been and this was diagnosed as a split in the hose from the top of the dump valve.. After searching around i couldnt find the right hose so basically cut the hose in half to cut out the ripped part.. The hose still reaches across but there isnt loads of 'slack' as there was before... I have ordered a new hose and it should be here this week...

Anyway cutting the hose seemed to fix the problem and it was flying again with no issues.

However... during a massive downpour the other night i was forced to drive through about 2 foot of water... Things were ok for half an hour or so after but am now getting problems.....

Its quite an intermittant problem and only appears to be there when driving in traffic.. It seems ok when i get onto the motorway and floor it..

Basically when im driving along at the same speed the car starts making some noises and starts to loose power. Sometimes if i put my foot down its ok but other times it starts to go forward then starts juddering and wont accelerate properly.. Feels like its loosing power quite badly.. Normally changing gears and putting my foot down stops it for a few seconds.. Sometimes though i have to slow right down before i can accelerate off again...

Am also getting some pretty loud pops and bangs from the exhaust that i wasnt getting before lol :blink:

Have no warning lights or errors showing on the dash.. Havent run a vag com check but am presuming that if its not showing errors on the dash it wont show anything anyway ?

Help me please.. Just need to know whats wrong! Im guessing i need to replace all the spark plugs and then start swapping the coilpacks one by one to see if that makes any difference ? Not sure what else to check otherwise :blink:

Is quite annoying when someone in a saxo vts pulls alongside for a race and my car just pops and bangs and refuses to accelerate :( Will be happy for ANY advice of suggestions!!!

Cheers people
Dan

CupraPower

Jan 29, 2004
Woking, Surrey
Visit site
id check your ecu Dan. Sounds similar type of symptons that Cupra T girl had. Hers had moisture over it. played havoc with her car.

Lift up the scuttle panel on the passenger side. its found under there (if u didnt know already)