ISO Connector for Parrot System

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
So non removeable then. Might have to go for a different mount.

Mine doesn't have the removable screen.

You could attach it on velcro if you want to detach it and hide the screen I suppose although I can't really see why you would need to. The control box is somewhere behind the dash and everything is hardwired so it's not really stealable.

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Yeah, you and me both know that, but the thieving scrotes desperate for their next high don't and will smash a window to see. It's safe enough (I hope) round our way but don't fancy leaving it in the centre of Leeds very often.

Velcro might be an idea. :)

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Fitted the same kit in mine and got the same results.

All sorted now though after a couple of hours with a volt meter and lots of wire!

If you are still stuck i would be willing to explain....
In short, because the Altea uses "data" to power up the head unit rather than "Switched Live" like most of the new VW range does, it means they have not put a switched live on their ISO plugs for the head units.

The Parrot unit relies on the switch live to know that the car is turned on, and therefor power up the Hands Free System.

I had to source one form the fuse box, fuse it up and place it in the correct plug on the Altea ISO plug.

Hope that explains it, if you need any more details, just let me know!

Thanks

Chris

Chris, where did you take the switched live from, can you give me a fuse location and how you patched into it?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.