Israar's Leon 1.9 TDI SE 110 RR Grey (Slow WIP)

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Sweet, that's good stuff that! :)

Stage 1 get you to 153 bhp? What mods did you do to acquire that? I want to have mine remapped, will be going to Bill at Badger5 for mine, bit of a drive but to be honest I don't mind that! :D

Aside from the Cupra R kit, what have you done to the engine? With yours being the same as mine, do you know the vacuum pipe diameters? I'm after ordering some silicone pipe from SFS but not 100% sure on the sizes.

I'm guessing SFS state their diameters on OD with them stating them as Bore x Wall (mm) 3.0 x 2.0, my assumption of that means 3.0 mm Outer Diameter with a 2.0 mm thickness? I want to replace all the vacuum tubing N75, ASV+N18. I've been told by Tom that one is 3.0 mm but he's unsure on the other size as he's not yet done/checked that. :)

When it comes to replacing the kit, I'll follow what you've suggested and will purchase what I need from Dave at Sere! :)

Where're you from if you don't mind me asking as I've mentioned to a few other people that it would be nice to get a meet going with the 1.9 TDi's! Albeit, it doesn't mean others can't come, it would just be nice to see what everyone's got going on in and under their bonnets! :)

--Lee

lukehowardd

Jan 1, 2015
Sweet, that's good stuff that! :)

Stage 1 get you to 153 bhp? What mods did you do to acquire that? I want to have mine remapped, will be going to Bill at Badger5 for mine, bit of a drive but to be honest I don't mind that! :D

Aside from the Cupra R kit, what have you done to the engine? With yours being the same as mine, do you know the vacuum pipe diameters? I'm after ordering some silicone pipe from SFS but not 100% sure on the sizes.

I'm guessing SFS state their diameters on OD with them stating them as Bore x Wall (mm) 3.0 x 2.0, my assumption of that means 3.0 mm Outer Diameter with a 2.0 mm thickness? I want to replace all the vacuum tubing N75, ASV+N18. I've been told by Tom that one is 3.0 mm but he's unsure on the other size as he's not yet done/checked that. :)

When it comes to replacing the kit, I'll follow what you've suggested and will purchase what I need from Dave at Sere! :)

Where're you from if you don't mind me asking as I've mentioned to a few other people that it would be nice to get a meet going with the 1.9 TDi's! Albeit, it doesn't mean others can't come, it would just be nice to see what everyone's got going on in and under their bonnets! :)

--Lee
Have you not read my readers ride...!? My mods are on there.... Fitted a 5" turborevs side mount intercooler, 2" bigger than normal. K n N cone filter but kept the lower half of the air box on the car and uprated the cold air feed pipe to a 3" flexi and is aimed straight at the cone filter. I changed all my vacum hoses to 4mm inner diameter, fuel and coolant hoses to 8mm inner diameter. All Red ramair silicone. Had a mate at a garrage with rolling road who remaps so chucked him some money and did it for me.

cc6e1dfd0ce2c3e1600eab6211fd09d9.jpg

Im from the southwest mate, down in yeovil..... Closes city probably Bristol, Bournemouth..... Down my way :) sounds good would be nice to see some more tdi's....

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Have you not read my readers ride...!? My mods are on there.... Fitted a 5" turborevs side mount intercooler, 2" bigger than normal. K n N cone filter but kept the lower half of the air box on the car and uprated the cold air feed pipe to a 3" flexi and is aimed straight at the cone filter. I changed all my vacum hoses to 4mm inner diameter, fuel and coolant hoses to 8mm inner diameter. All Red ramair silicone. Had a mate at a garrage with rolling road who remaps so chucked him some money and did it for me.

Im from the southwest mate, down in yeovil..... Closes city probably Bristol, Bournemouth..... Down my way :) sounds good would be nice to see some more tdi's....

I never knew you had a RR to be honest, I'll go have a look and a read! :) <---- What a :censored: I am! :doh: I've read and also COMMENTED on your RR, my memory is like a fishes hahaha! I honestly can't believe that! :O

How much of a difference is the 5" intercooler over the standard one?

I don't really want to be messing with fuel lines for now since I don't have a clue concerning them, not sure where and how they run so for now will stick to standard fuel lines! In time I might upgrade them but depends yet! :D

All of your's are fine running 4mm ID silicone vacuum tubing? Is that due to it being easier to stretch or? As I was under the impression there was to be 2 sizes used in regards to the vacuum system?

Yeovil; a good 2 hours 30 mins~ from me! :D

Definitely be good to see some more TDi's, your's looks tidy from the picture! :)

--Lee

Last edited:

Gazleon

Diesel power
May 19, 2015
Lancashire
Nice thread, I have a leon 1.9tdi 110 as well it's my first car, passed my test a month or so ago, cheers for the detailed pictures it'll help when I come to. Service mine.

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Any time Gaz! :)

Much more pictures to come, there's a lot I want to do and get done, just will be slow due to funds and time, but they will come! :)

How're you finding your 110? Any niggles or running smooth as a nut? If you need help with servicing, don't fret to ask, anything I can't answer myself others would be more than happy to help! :)

One of the best communities I've personally ever joined! :love:

--Lee

lukehowardd

Jan 1, 2015
Hahaa i thought you had seen it haa. Standard intercooler is 3". So gives an extra 2" on it. Old pipes fit straight onto the new one but been meaing to by some bigger stainless steel tubing for it

I read someone elses rr, and they said they changed all theres for 4mm id. I bought some and just made sure everytime i changed a pipe it measured out the same as the new :p looks abit of a mess though... Apparently you can change the way they all run and makes it look alot neater. Think i might change my fuel lines to braided hoses next give it abit more silver :p

Defo be up for a meet some time :p :-D

I never knew you had a RR to be honest, I'll go have a look and a read! :) <---- What a :censored: I am! :doh: I've read and also COMMENTED on your RR, my memory is like a fishes hahaha! I honestly can't believe that! :O

How much of a difference is the 5" intercooler over the standard one?

I don't really want to be messing with fuel lines for now since I don't have a clue concerning them, not sure where and how they run so for now will stick to standard fuel lines! In time I might upgrade them but depends yet! :D

All of your's are fine running 4mm ID silicone vacuum tubing? Is that due to it being easier to stretch or? As I was under the impression there was to be 2 sizes used in regards to the vacuum system?

Yeovil; a good 2 hours 30 mins~ from me! :D

Definitely be good to see some more TDi's, your's looks tidy from the picture! :)

--Lee

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Gazleon

Diesel power
May 19, 2015
Lancashire
Yeah it's a fantastic car mine has been lowered and has had a sports exhaust fitted without much thought by a previous owner, the exhaust is very loud and as the cars so low the ride is a bit hard, I'm guessing probably just has some cheap springs, it's been solid though for the 4k miles I've done in the last few months(got me through my test) and and all though it's on 147k it feels mechanically pretty sound slightly ruff around the edges in parts, thanks for the offer of help I'll be taking you up on that no doubt.

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Hahaa i thought you had seen it haa. Standard intercooler is 3". So gives an extra 2" on it. Old pipes fit straight onto the new one but been meaing to by some bigger stainless steel tubing for it

I read someone elses rr, and they said they changed all theres for 4mm id. I bought some and just made sure everytime i changed a pipe it measured out the same as the new :p looks abit of a mess though... Apparently you can change the way they all run and makes it look alot neater. Think i might change my fuel lines to braided hoses next give it abit more silver :p

Defo be up for a meet some time :p :-D

I'm a numpty, will be going over most of your's again, it wasn't until I got to page 2 or 3 when I saw my name and I was like :blink: :doh: If you remember you was the one who told me about the super bright white number plate LEDs! :rofl:

See I'm undecided on upgrading the SMIC or going FMIC. I am toying with the idea of Stage 2 but when mine is ready for remapping it will be custom Stage 1 to start with! :)

I think I'll grab myself some 4mm and test myself then, going to get a few different colours though as I don't want all the lines to be the same colour! :D

Once I have a few names of possible candidates for a meet, I'll try and set one up sometime will be nice to put faces to names! Also see their "other halves" :rofl:

Yeah it's a fantastic car mine has been lowered and has had a sports exhaust fitted without much thought by a previous owner, the exhaust is very loud and as the cars so low the ride is a bit hard, I'm guessing probably just has some cheap springs, it's been solid though for the 4k miles I've done in the last few months(got me through my test) and and all though it's on 147k it feels mechanically pretty sound slightly ruff around the edges in parts, thanks for the offer of help I'll be taking you up on that no doubt.

Mine's not lowered as you can see, not concerned about right hight just yet haha! Exhaust is still the same, though that is one I'd like done in the future. 147k is not too bad, what year is yours? Again, any time I can help I will, there's never too much help when someone is in need, so long as you're able to help that is! :D

Will be nice to see your ride when you have enough post count to link images too! :) (15 is the count for PM's and image/links)

--Lee

Gazleon

Diesel power
May 19, 2015
Lancashire
It's a 2001 was only 1k, had new turbo and clutch at 121000k has fsh but needs a few bodywork issues sorting, bubbling paint on the nose of the bonnet and between the rear door and roof, air con needs regassing due a Cambelt etc.. a bit of a project for my first car but I waited long enough to pass my test, I'll get some pictures up once I've posted enough.

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
That's a sound price mate, I think mine needs re-gassing too, still is cool, but not as cold as I've seen some others.

2 previous owners of mine, didn't have a fsh when I purchased it but I can live with that, working on bits and bobs and in time it will be picture perfect and running like a dream! ;)

Just ordered 4 lots of 4mm x 1m Vacuum Hose Tubing, Black, Yellow, Red and Blue haha! I intend to be a little creative with it ;)

Hopefully it works like a charm for me if it does, then it means I can swap out all my old vac pipes and stick my original (brand new N75 valve from Dave at Sere) then I'm laughing for a power test! This is my most eager thing at the minute, I want to know exactly how this beauty is running! :)

Catch you later guys, time to head off for work! :D

--Lee

ibizaboi

Feb 18, 2009
Sudbury
Good to hear you got some sorted!! Looking forward to seeing yours all fitted. Sorry for not messaging you back I broke my phone

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Thanks Tom, same and waiting for the post man to arrive, I hope they come today haha! Will be staying up rather than sleeping and possibly fitting the pipes and new N75 today if the come! :)

Only trouble is last night, of all the nights for my luck to run out, I lifted a pack of steel as I do, though this time pushed my luck too far and pulled the bottom of my back, felt like it "popped" :(

Any time I stop or bend over/down it's doing me in, took some paracetamol just after finishing and just grabbed some good old "Deep Heat" so should do me well today, until I sleep tonight and wake up tomorrow haha! The kids will make sure I know what pain is if they come running in the bed room and bouncing on me like a bouncy castle haha! :D

Not a problem mate, so long as you and the family are all well that's the main thing! :)

You up for a meet at some point also Tom mate?

--Lee

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
N75 and Vacuum Tubing replacements! :)

Well guys and gals, here's an update with the N75 replacement and the large majority of the original vacuum tubing to silicone tubing.

Only tubing not replaced as of yet is the ASV tubing and also the turbo actuator due to not being able to get my arm down to the actuator head itself, otherwise that would be done! :D

Qmn1S9l.jpg

v02e0Xk.jpg

cL5mGEz.jpg

F14wMpW.jpg

g5mgoXz.jpg

MD296gJ.jpg

y9d7k3a.jpg

Sorry about some of the image quality, my back is still in bits and the lighting wasn't too great, aside my camera skills which I don't need to mention lmfao! :rofl:

--Lee

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Looks good! Nice and colourful!!

Thanks Tom, really appreciate it and wanted something different from everyone else with set colours! :D

Just have to give it a few runs now with the new N75 in and see how she feels, then give her a booting make sure everything's in tip top shape then off for a trip to Midlands VW for a power test! :love:

Good work with the 75 Lee top job buddy

Cheers Craig, looking to improve on my lack of mechanical skills, want to do much more under the bonnet but I have to get the confidence for the majority of it! :D

After the power test my next present is the dog bone mount! ;)

--Lee

ibizaboi

Feb 18, 2009
Sudbury
Can't wait to see what your running! How many miles has she cloked? ?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Can't wait to see what your running! How many miles has she cloked? ?

Same here mate, will be ringing Midland VW as soon as I wake up today, should be much earlier than yesterdays wake up! (Woke up at 8pm, BUT!!! I did not sleep since I woke up on Sunday at 1pm hence why I slept like I was bricked :rofl:)

As soon as I've rang for a set date today, I'll update here so you can get first hand of the day this beauty runs her behind off for me! :D

As for the mileage, took the picture just as I parked up outside my flat, so nice and fresh as she sits right now! 74,827. :)

mohs7Qz.jpg

--Lee

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Minor update, had a package just come through the door! =)

Awaiting on 2 Neo Wedge bulbs for the rear interior lights, although the rest of the lights have come today from Fizzmo! :)

ZnoBh7n.jpg

Major Update: Power Test booked! Will be done this Friday, onwards of 3pm. Bring on Friday! :D

--Lee

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Dyno Test done! :)

Well, to say I'm extremely pleased with my Dyno Test results would be an understatement, there's me thinking it will be pulling around low to mid 80's, even the guy doing the Dyno Test for me said he was really pleased with the engine given it's age! :)

Onwards to pictures! :rofl:

The black smoke deposit on the picture is NOT from my car, but a previous car! :rofl:

vNbV5ry.jpg

kWcWcLG.jpg

Video link for the "rear" recording of the Dyno Run for those interested in watching! :D

Well, for me personally, I'm very pleased with that Dyno Result! I'll be having the boost logs emailed to me so when I receive them I'll put the picture up of that too! :D

--Lee

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members