Its Decision time

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
In a weeks time my leon will be sent in for a remap! But i havnt exactly decided who to take it to: Revo - Mij performance OR Custom Code - MidlandVW.

Ive done a search but that confused me even more. im wanting a stage one. which company would be the best? Whos will more notice able? :think:

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
both should have a good effect. as you havnt got any extras like sports cat etc. i wouldnt worry

custom code have an excellent rep as do revo.

contact both garages and see if that helps decisionwise. getting on with the garage is very important imo

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
CC stage one is no more custom than Revo stage 1, so don't be fooled by the name. It's still a generic, off the shelf remap.

Go for the one who offers the best support, the dealer you trust the most and the place that offers the best deal overall.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
well revo stage one is cheaper that cc around (50quid), plus i like the ability to turn it off using the switch, (abit head ace setting up the laptop).

so with stage 1 on cc and revo , there is not much different?

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
in which case both are equal.

jabba can do generic or custom ... extra 10bhp increase maybe for the zorst?

naff all in it otherwise

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
There isn't much difference between all of the generic Stage 1 maps really.... not in terms of total power and torque produced. I'm only going by the research and comments I've read by the way.

As I understand it most are the same, with the exception of Revo that tends to be more aggressive and come in stronger, earlier in the rev range to give a less progressive power delivery, but a nice shove in the back.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
well my engine is the older version that urs traumapat, but its ko3s turbo, viper cross airfilter and full front to back exhaust sytem including a decat.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
id ring them and ask... they told me some early leons were hard to map. see what they say. if they cant custom the map for the zorst maybe revo with its on off switch is your best bet.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
id ring them and ask... they told me some early leons were hard to map. see what they say. if they cant custom the map for the zorst maybe revo with its on off switch is your best bet.

well i had a evo trial done about 3months ago

Wilse

Got revo on my cupra and its great. Definatly a bonus being able to turn it on and off, and so easy to do!

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
hiya sorry to be off topic but im wanting a remap too but want a zorst first......is your EM light on with the de cat?

No it hasnt!

im having second thoughts nw! £450 bhp for 20bhp? :( I think thats a waste of money! read another post and he started having problems, :blink: im thinking of putting the money aside, wait till july for insurance to finsih and upgrade to a cupra r.

what you opinion guys (and ladys if any ;) )

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
No it hasnt!

im having second thoughts nw! £450 bhp for 20bhp? :( I think thats a waste of money! read another post and he started having problems, :blink: im thinking of putting the money aside, wait till july for insurance to finsih and upgrade to a cupra r.

what you opinion guys (and ladys if any ;) )

? what problems? 20bhp seems on the low side.

can you think of a cheaper ways of gaining the power?

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
? what problems? 20bhp seems on the low side.

can you think of a cheaper ways of gaining the power?

after reading this post about the jabba map he had done to his x reg leon. he only got around 20bhp, plus the car felt sloppy to him.

i dont mind pay over 450 quid, to get 40 bhp , total 220 exclduing the mods. :(

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise