I've purchased a Leon FR at last!

neil_1821

Jan 9, 2011
So I've been looking for a nice Leon FR for the past few weeks to replace my MK3 16v as i'm clocking more miles.

Had a look at a few FR's but I came across one for sale that seemed right up my street, so to speak

Took the 2 hour drive down last night to look it over, everything seemed fine and made a deal.

Quick run down of the specs are

Eibach lowering springs (rides nicer than my dads stock leon)
Full leather interior with electric adjusting front seats
70,000 miles
cambelt changed 2 years ago
1 owner from new
Full service history (and i mean FULL!)
Forge motorsport short shifter
Miltek large bore downpipe and full system with de-cat
Brand new EBC USR drilled and grooved discs and green stuff pads
smoked windows
Parrot bluetooth
Sachs racing clutch combined with the jabbasport single mass lightened flywheel
Green cotton panel filter
OMP front strut brace
jabbasport custom re-map with printout of 198.2 bhp and 500nm of torque
Also had a brand new Garrett turbo 200 miles ago (the old one suffered from a solenoid problem causing the compressor to overboost, damaging some blades) and I saw the receipt for it, was done earlier this month at a cost of £1200 to the owner!

Few little scuffs and minor dents but it was very clean, can tell the owner had looked after it from new. Didn't like the gear surround or the navman satnav on it and also due to the lightened flywheel it has a loud idle when your just sitting there with the clutch out, but jabbasport has confirmed and backed it all up saying that that's a trade off of having a lighter flywheel.

Also comes with a lot of original spares and £100 worth of G3 cleaning equpiment

Couple of cheeky pics

media

media

IMG_0509.jpg

Got a few quick questions

The OMP strut brace under the bonnet has some foil like padding tie wrapped around it because he said it vibrated against the bonnet. Does this mean that it's not the right strut brace? As it looks very dirty/tacky, would prefer a clean strut brace. Also is it worth while adding a rear strut brace, I've heard just having one or the other can lead to understeer because the chassis isn't stiff throughout?

The other question I have is in regard to the old turbo suffering from overboost, what's to stop it happening to the new turbo, especially with the re-map? Is it worth putting a forge re-circulation valve on it, would that add any protection to the system?

Sorry for the long post, I pick it up next weekend and i'm kinda excited, just hope I don't find any daemons when i get it home

chrispcupre

Jul 27, 2011
leicestershire
Nice fr and well sorted mods are the springs eibach pro kit or eibach sport line as that looks a nice sensible drop i could do with lowering mine:)

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

juneau

Dec 29, 2010
Midlands
Nice! And it's practically the same as mine looks wise =P how hard is the clutch as I want the Sachs but worried its too hard and ruin the comfort

neil_1821

Jan 9, 2011
Nice fr and well sorted mods are the springs eibach pro kit or eibach sport line as that looks a nice sensible drop i could do with lowering mine:)

It's the eibach pro kit on it

Nice! And it's practically the same as mine looks wise =P how hard is the clutch as I want the Sachs but worried its too hard and ruin the comfort

Not sure as i've not had chance to drive it yet, pick it up next saturday so this week's going to drag like hell! :whistle:

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Very nice car, I love my FR.
Is it on the OE 1749v turbo though?
If it was hybrid I would have expected Michael at Jabba to have got more than 198hp, given you have circa 380lbft.
If its the 1749v its on the limit of its capability, they are know for the shaft snapping when they are asked to produce this kind of power.
Should be mileage left in though as its new!
Make sure you let it cool down nicely after spirited driving.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.