J.B. His Seat Leon "Cupra R" - K04-064 TFSI Conversion

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Picked up some nice stuff yesterday.

Cupra R inlet manifold, Genesis 550CC injectors and a cold side DV silicone hose.

r7j22d.jpg

But.... I got a big port head so had to order a spacer from small to big.

IEBAVA16.jpg

Ordered some silicone hoses to extend the existing hoses and some red silicone tape to wrap the blue intake hose to match the rest of the colors in the engine bay. And maybe I wrap the inletpipe from the filter to the turbo black.

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
So this weekend I did the Inlet Manifold swap. On saturday I got the spacer so all could be mounted for good.

10xvlo8.jpg

Removing all the bits.

akc088.jpg

The new inlet with the Genesis 550CC injectors

9iwgah.jpg

Looks a lot better than the old Red Tops from Bosch.

505glg.jpg

And how the bay looks at the moment.

152no7a.jpg

Next plan is to relocate the hose from the brakefluidreservoir. Because it's hitting the driveshaft. And the hose from the inake to the brake booster needs to go underneath the manifold for a cleaner look. So i need a 90 degrees bend or something.

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Thanks.

Yesterday we relocate the return hose from the steering booster. Made a connection from the steel line to a 10mm hydrolic hose and that one goes to the reservoir.

sccs4w.jpg

Problem solved. And put a set of new spark plugs in the car. Some NGK Laser Platinum PFR7Q. So the car is ready for the dyno next friday

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
So, yesterday I was in for a remap. After some insane numbers (500nm torque) and 1.7 bar boost we found out that I placed the n75 valve the wrong way around. So the boost couldnt be controlled. After that fixxed everything was fine and we made some nice numbers. The end result: 342bhp and 420nm. And that with stock internals.

4fv81u.jpg

2ur2w7b.jpg

Cupra-dude

Nov 27, 2016
Can you tell me how you replaced those horizontal grills to the honeycomb version. Is it plug and play or do you have to grind and drill the grills.

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Can you tell me how you replaced those horizontal grills to the honeycomb version. Is it plug and play or do you have to grind and drill the grills.

You make from 2 grills one. You use the outside from the Cupra R and the honeycomb from the Cupra bumper. See my first post in this topic.

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
What a great project. Congrats...
So what's next now? :D

Project is over sadly... 2 months after fitting my new 6 speed gearbox, the thrust bearing started leaking. Fitted a new one so it lasted 2 months[:@]

Decided to pull the Leon appart and sell the lot. Most of it is already sold or reserved.

And bought a replacement for the Leon. A VW Bora 1.6.

9px82x.jpg

How it sits after 2 weeks.

286zdxk.jpg

Coilovers are comming this week. Tinting the back windows, fitting front fogs and SML's are also on my to do list.

rainbird

Sep 3, 2012
Oh **** dude, that's less than ideal. Sorry to hear about your misfortune :(

Was cool to see someone else going down the 064 route on SCN, one less of us now I suppose. What are the plans for the car - hanging onto it to sort out over time, or going to part it out and move on?

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
you don't have some kind of how-to?

Take the grill appart. Its a 2 piece grill. And cut the vanes from the Cupra R grill.

8vnqli.jpg

Now take the Cupra grill and draw the Cupra R form on it and cut it out. You left with something like this.

vq5z0g.jpg

Than put the honeycomb shape in de Cupra R grill. With hot glue or something

4rb09u.jpg

And put the chrome serounding back on.

1zlztkw.jpg

THats it.

1fa0qh.jpg

Last edited:

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Oh **** dude, that's less than ideal. Sorry to hear about your misfortune :(

Was cool to see someone else going down the 064 route on SCN, one less of us now I suppose. What are the plans for the car - hanging onto it to sort out over time, or going to part it out and move on?

It's sad to see it going. But there were to much faults on the car that i coulnd't sell it to a Seat Lover. Only way to make a little money on the car is to sell it in parts.

The Bora becomes my new "project". Coilovers came yesterday and SML's and fog lights are ordered. I realy miss the 340 bhp already, so maybe the Bora is going to get a bigger engine as well. Maybe going the VR6 or VR5 route.:whistle:

rainbird

Sep 3, 2012
Sounds like a plan!
Just saw your mention of breaking the car for parts which I missed before. Let me know what's left, almost sorted my 064 conversion but know a few other folk looking to do the same soon :)

Look forward to seeing the Bora progress.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.