J.B. His Seat Leon "Cupra R" - K04-064 TFSI Conversion

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
The only reason why i bought mine, is that I got a great price for the Cupra R brembo's. But in Holland the Cupra R is a lot more exclusive than in the UK. So everybody with a normal cupra 180 want to buy the brembo's.

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Diferrent Calipers. The LC180 calipers, junior brembo 4 pots en de 6 pots ZR18 calipers.

24eqiv6.jpg

Placed on the car.

znv3bo.jpg

And with the rims on.

4sxrg1.jpg

2dkbthl.jpg

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Bought a pair of Lexus RX330 AFS Xenon Projectors. These gonna be fitted in a pair of new headlights. It's a project i want to do for a long time but never found a nice set of projectors that doesn't look mega cheap and aftermarket. The most projectors are placed way to much to the front of the lights. Like this. A big gap between the back of the light. Even with the shroud on.

Seat-Ibiza-Leon-M1-Xenon-Mini-H1-Bi-xenon-projector.jpg

Don't want that at all. So, the Lexus Projectors.

RX330AFS.jpg

Should fit much better. But I don't gonna fit the DRL.

Valeofront.jpg

FrontRightSidecloseup.jpg

FrontRightcloseup.jpg

Other plan is to fit 4 red LED's in the projectorlens. Some standing still lights or whatever you wanna call them. It's not legal to drive with it but i think it looks badass. Example in Exeo headlights:

99513ce42974c3770012c63738c52b2c.jpg

2f55c6b9b77b8af528b8722c4bf80cfc.jpg

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Thanks guys.

Got my new lights saturday and decides to take them apart. Went well with a heatgun. Now waiting for the rest. Hopefully they arrive this week.

2zz2ro1.jpg

27zxmwk.jpg

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Got all the parts I need for the projector lamp project but it's currently on hold. Got a other project going now. The exhaust manifold and turbo keeps leaking and now my custom made bolt is broken. The complete turbo and manifold needs to go off. F*CK @!

So decided to get an other turbo with has a manifold and turbo in one. Easy choice and I'm not the only one here on the forum. The K04-064 form a 2.0 TFSI.

The first parts has already arrived.
Adapterplate:

10993953_900952246618340_2265217514455596717_o.jpg

Turbo:

2v2codz.jpg

1z6tj6a.jpg

1z6eia8.jpg

And the original silencer. This will be replaced with one without the gap and the "click-system" so I can place a silicone joiner on it.

2r5feqb.jpg

K03s VS K04-064

iydlpl.jpg

2afbatv.jpg

2m3lkbr.jpg

Oil- and waterlines are ordered and will hopefully this week arrive. Only this is that the adapterplate has some delay and comes the end of the month.... Can't wait.

I'm not gonna try to get massive power. Yet:p Engine is stock so maybe 310-330bhp is the goal. The plan is to forge the engine with some pistons and rods. Only weak point is maybe the 5 speed gearbox with g60 flywheel and clutch. One way to find out if its strong enough...:p

rainbird

Sep 3, 2012
Nice dude! I'm currently rebuilding a forged block to drop into my LCR and will be converting to 064 before it goes in. I'm a tight ******* so creating my own adapter though :p

Keen to see how you get on with those lights - I need to replace mine as the clips are buggered on both of them, but not overly keen on the eBay specials that are about. Keep us updated.

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Thanks. Saw your build. Looks great and would go great with the forced engine. And the adapter is a pain in the ass. First thought was to make my own aswell but the reason I switch from turbo is the old one is leaking gasses and I don't want that to happen with the new turbo by using the wrong materials and so on. Thats the reason i bought a plate.

rainbird

Sep 3, 2012
Makes sense to me! I need to get my hands on a turbo once I'm done building the engine itself so that I can double check one or two little details, but I'm fairly happy with how it's going so shouldn't be far off plugging it in to a CNC machine to get things cut with any luck.

Subscribed - shall await your next light update ;)

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Maybe this weekend. Have to wait 3 weeks for my adaptor to arrive so plenty of time to get busy with the lights.

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Update. After some research I came to the discovery that the turbo was not a genuine one.. So after a lot of trouble and difficult communication I got my money back and bought a genuine turbo with only 925km on it. Looks much better and have all the original emblems and plates on it.

2ns0y7a.jpg

2ro2qm0.jpg

2yz0nyv.jpg

So we can nearly build. Waiting now for the adapter plate and some exhaust pieces. Decided to make the downpipe myself. Not dificult and should look something like this.

5wckd1.jpg

In the weekend of 5 and 6 march hopefully we'll start and end the switch.

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
The switch will be a week later. Some delay on the adapterplate. So made a start with the xenon lights.

Some cutting to make room for the projectors.

33fg469.jpg

more cutting and finetuning.

2s6xdfr.jpg

making the shroud roughly fit.

5aowlu.jpg

2wc0gnn.jpg

And putting the glass in front of it.

213g20k.jpg

2yowo5t.jpg

Its still 2 centimeters of the housing. The black extensions on the inside of the glass hitting the projector. Maybe heat it up and bend it a little.

But first I need some new wires for the projector so I can check the light.

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Did this weekend the K04-064 turbo swap. Went well. All done in 2 days. Very pleased with it. Driving currently on 0,5 bar boost until the car is tuned properly. But first I need to do some small things. Like some welds on the alloy pipes for the intercooler so the couplers wont pop off. Here some pictures.

Ready to start:
348rhh4.jpg

Old parts removed:
24fhchw.jpg

Engine bay:
dqho3p.jpg

Adapterplate:
2ish4pf.jpg

And all the parts that needs to be fitted
23m3rqc.jpg

Plate fitted:
2ntjq8l.jpg

Lines fitted and turbo fitted
ay3bro.jpg

Custom made 3' Downpipe
s6501j.jpg

IC setup
1045jd0.jpg

29djukk.jpg

And the enginebay

121ecrd.jpg

Last edited:

rainbird

Sep 3, 2012
Sweet!

My 064 project has been put on hold a little for a number of reasons, so I'm very envious of you getting yours all together!

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
It's gone great. And yours gonna be as well. Just takes some more time...

This saturday we're gonna make de IC tubing boost proof. With just 4 silicone joiners that should be fine. That's including one at the intercooler and one at the turbo. All the rest will be welded.

Also ordered some Genisis 550CC injectors thats need to be fitted before the tune. Got a appointment on first of april. Cant wait because with just 0,5 bar of boost it's not that fun to drive....

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Saturday I made the one piece hotside tubing. It's made till the left front side of the car. Because tomorrow I pick up a Cupra R inlet manifold. So the complete tubing from right to left can be removed. So next weekend the other manifold is going to be fitted.

30tnrcn.jpg

312cyzl.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.