J@mes' LCR OEM+ Rear ARB Fitted :)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Great to see you start another RR mate... the car needs one :) She's coming along in the right direction for sure.

Also had a great time at Pageant, was a great day out as you say, loads of TED Tuning banter.. ;)

On the plans for your car, I love them. Spacers MAKE the LCR's when dropped. I am really feeling the colour choice for refurbing the wheels, should look really mint.

I know what you've chosen for brake caliper refurb but I won't say ;)

Where are you getting the wheels refurbed mate? P.S the bodywork came up so well with the DA from what I saw at Pageant. You did very well.

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Great to see you start another RR mate... the car needs one :) She's coming along in the right direction for sure.

Also had a great time at Pageant, was a great day out as you say, loads of TED Tuning banter.. ;)

On the plans for your car, I love them. Spacers MAKE the LCR's when dropped. I am really feeling the colour choice for refurbing the wheels, should look really mint.

I know what you've chosen for brake caliper refurb but I won't say ;)

Where are you getting the wheels refurbed mate? P.S the bodywork came up so well with the DA from what I saw at Pageant. You did very well.

Yeah sunday was quality, you TED boys were cracking me up :rofl: After seeing how good everyone's LCR looked with spacers on it just bothered me every time i look at my car, which in the last few days has been every few minutes, in the flesh or in a photo. :whistle:

Regarding the brembo's i've decided one of the two i mentioned, i've IM you which one on FB ;)

I'm getting the wheels done at a place called wheelwerx's in colchester, they are the best place around this neck of the woods. They do all the refurbs for the local Ferrari, Lambo, porsche garage so they must be good. Plus a friend had his LCR wheels done there last year and they looked fantastic, top quality finish.

Not cheap but well worth it in my opinion. Next month is going to be expensive but it will transform the car, feel like a 3 year old waiting for xmas. :funk:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Heard of wheelwerx mate, they seem decent! :)

Really looking forward to this coming together as I know you will do a good job of the car for sure. She's going to look awesome with the spacers being as decked out as she is now ;)

Just gotta come Inters' now bud :D Lol. Do that and you officially are part of TED Tuning lmao.

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Found some pictures i took before and after polishing the car on my camera, this gives you a good idea of the level of correct achieved.

BEFORE - The halogen light really helps to show up the imperfections

DSCF4510 by Roule Duke, on Flickr

AFTER

DSCF4518 by Roule Duke, on Flickr

And a after picture i took of the roof...

DSCF4519 by Roule Duke, on Flickr

And this turned up in the post today :)

Untitled by Roule Duke, on Flickr

Saturday im off the AmD to have a service and brake fluid change... then FINALLY on monday the wheels are getting rerfurb :)

Just need to get some new centre badge, brembo stickers (not sure what size i need) and some paint for the calipers and hubs for next week.

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Well today i popped down to AmD to have a oil service, brake fluid change and A/C recharge. Through pure it turned out T0m and george were booked in as well, nice to have some like minded car enthusiast to talk to while i was waiting.

As always the service from AmD was superb, i couldn't fault it. When i explained that time was tight and i had to be somewhere they made the effort to get it in the workshop straight away and it was ready in a just over an hour. While i was there we had a chat about fitting my DP and decat, which they agreed on a very good price which i was more than happy with. So hopefully soon she will be booked in for stage 2, pretty much decided that i'll be getting a AmD cooler. :)

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Good man, glad to hear that exhaust is going on and a proper map to be loaded on to the car. Will really transform the car dude for sure

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
The car was dropped off to have the wheels refurbed this morning, this is the colour silver i've decided on. These wheels were waiting to be collected :)

I really like the glossy finish, its exactly the finish i was after... they will look great with some good sealant on them. ;)

Will be picking them up either tomorrow or wednesday, getting very excited :)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
This is going to look really nice mate I can see exactly what you mean with the gloss finish and some good sealant! Will look gorgeous.

Brembo refurb and paint those parts we discussed with some matt black high temp paint from Halfords and job done will look epic.

Edit, can't wait to see it done! :D

Last edited:

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
This is going to look really nice mate I can see exactly what you mean with the gloss finish and some good sealant! Will look gorgeous.

Brembo refurb and paint those parts we discussed with some matt black high temp paint from Halfords and job done will look epic.

Edit, can't wait to see it done! :D

bought some Hammerite satin black paint today, i got 1 pot of paint and 1 spray can. Just need the weather to stay dry, will probably do them on thursday if the weather is good.

Also bought...
- Brembo stickers (white)
- Seat chrome dust caps
- Carbon centre caps (with R logo)

Just need to drop by local stealer's to get some plastic bolt caps and the wheels will be sorted. :)

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Looks great mate, good job on polishing the car.

Thanks Maz, really pleased with how it turned out. i want to have another go to get any bits i missed.

Being a bit shy with the update dude. Where's the wheels. We want freshly refurbed wheel pics NOW!! ;)

Sorry mate, been a hectic week had a new floor put through the apartment so i havent had much spare time.

The wheels have been done and they look very good indeed, will get some good pictures later when it stops raining. Was going to paint to the calipers today by the its tipping it down.

Pictures to follow later ;)

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Looking forward to seeing this update! :)

Poxy weather, I was going to clean my car tomorrow but looks like rain all day. Will have to wait for another week sod it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise