Jack Point Covers

Deleted member 20376

the covers that sit over the jack points on the side skirts. they should just clip on but how the f**k do they go tried putting the back clip first then the front tried the front then the side annoying me like hell, its clipped at the min but not sitting flush and it you move it or touch it will fall down so i know its not on properly the back didnt seem to be a problem but the fronts aint clipping properly.

Tyler Owen

They are an arse especially if you have a fairly new Cupra

But the thrick i've found it to align the top one into the grove first and then give the cover and good smack to clip the bottom back in

If your still struggle try bending it abit works for me, but it is a pain in the arse!

Deleted member 20376

yeah it is fairly new a 55 reg, thought it may be mud in there so gave it a good clean but still no joy. ill try that then ill give it a good wack.

secretcyril

I'm glad it's not just me....! I took mine off & after 30mins on rolling around the drive i removed two bolts. 1 underneath by the mounting point & the other behind the wheel. once i had removed them the sill could be pulled out. You can see alot more & direct it better. Very hard & tight. :coolthumb

Phil K

Here's your sign
Oct 18, 2004
Surrey darling...
I found most of my covers would simply smack into place after lining up the rear clips and then hitting upwards to the underside... however, recently had the front off side out to change a wheel and it really didn't want to know when using this technique! In the end I located the lower two clips and using a long peice of wood under the car as a lever I pulled up hard and pop it was back in :)

Stupid design though IMO

rich RS

Ibiza 1.4 TSI ACT 150 FR
Aug 5, 2006
Driving some where!
I just put them back on the car, by clipping the front edge in first then clip the back end into the underside of the skirt. Have a look underneath the skirt just make sure that there is no dirt getting in the way of the clips. Then give it a good whack with the your palm of your hand, and that should work fine.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.